crisps

TV shows (but not GoT)

It was as straightforward an episode of the show as I’ve seen, but...

Spoiler

The bit when the mum is discussing the damaged car with her brother, who says he’ll pay for it. She clearly did it running down the loan shark who is after their son. 

17 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It was as straightforward an episode of the show as I’ve seen, but...

Hide spoiler

The bit when the mum is discussing the damaged car with her brother, who says he’ll pay for it. She clearly did it running down the loan shark who is after their son. 

Ah yeah I got that bit but I thought there was something else right at the end too but probably not then :)

Ah sorry. No think the no big twist was the twist. 

I just didn’t twig the bit I mentioned above. 

@Stevie H - as our resident purveyor of online TV episodes; I don't suppose you've got access to the new series of Star Wars: Clone Wars that's just been released? It's on Disney+ but hasn't been added to Movie HD / Bluestacks.

Edited by stressederic

22 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

How did Mandalorian finish? I only saw up to episode 4 and it had gone off the boil a bit.

Any good? 

I think it got better towards the end after plodding a bit. Last couple were decent and set things up going forwards.

11 hours ago, Nate. said:

I think it got better towards the end after plodding a bit. Last couple were decent and set things up going forwards.

Yeah it was alright. Lots of nice little nods to the Star Wars universe for the fans.

Still not sure about Avenue 5. It's got some nice stuff in it, Hugh Laurie is good, but it's not classic Iannucci. And it's no Red Dwarf.

6 hours ago, Stevie H said:

Still not sure about Avenue 5. It's got some nice stuff in it, Hugh Laurie is good, but it's not classic Iannucci. And it's no Red Dwarf.

In Veep there were two jokes every second. In Avenue 5 they have mostly forgotten to add the jokes.

Edited by drdooom

4 minutes ago, drdooom said:

In Veep there were two jokes every second. In Avenue 5 they have mostly forgotten to add the jokes.

I think it's because it's set in the future. Iannucci has always been amazing at satirising real world stuff, present day news, politics, current affairs and media etc. Sending up sci-fi isn't easy because it's all speculative and there's nothing real to base it on, things people can actually identify with.