By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Purslow gone?

honourablegeorge

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without going all Rafa here, sometimes things that are black turn out to be...black.

Its only patronising f***wits that want to paint themselves as all knowing and worldly wise that see the gray in everything.

well that's garbage. hardly anything in these matters is black and white.

purslow was rafa's line manager.

look, he loved him at first, then hated him when he got sacked. it's not that surprising.

rafa lest we forget does have form for this - it wasn't out of character.

look purslow may be the devil incarnate, but he appears to have done pretty much what he was brought in to do and then stood down. he alone couldn't sack rafa despite what has become accepted fact.

I would refer you to rafa's milk rant. He is saying that Purslow undermined him. If what rafa says is true what right did Purslow have to interfere on footballing matters?

what argument have i lost here des? and i wasn't demonising a point of view - i was bemoaning the need in great swathes of humanity to see things in black and white. generally thick f*****s.

you have no point here.

Things aren't "black and white" obviously but any good work Purslow may have done re the sale is massively outweighed by the sh*t-stirring and conniving way he engineered the departure of the previous manager and the arrogant, hubristic way he assumed he had the knowledge and experience to install a new one. Even then, he gets his journo mates to airbrush his name from the appointment when it all goes horribly wrong.

We were 2nd in the League when Purslow took over as "acting" MD, and are 2nd bottom now he has been relieved of his post. I don't see too many reasons to thank him for that.

Things aren't "black and white" obviously but any good work Purslow may have done re the sale is massively outweighed by the sh*t-stirring and conniving way he engineered the departure of the previous manager and the arrogant, hubristic way he assumed he had the knowledge and experience to install a new one. Even then, he gets his journo mates to airbrush his name from the appointment when it all goes horribly wrong.

We were 2nd in the League when Purslow took over as "acting" MD, and are 2nd bottom now he has been relieved of his post. I don't see too many reasons to thank him for that.

thats filled with conjecture too des

1.reduce the debt.

2.massive difference. broughton did nothing on his own.

another thing which the black and white brigade need to understand is this:

purslow didn't sack rafa - the board did.

broughton didn't sell the club - the board did (by 3 to 2).

you can't pick and chose who you want to thank because you like the outcome of a particular set of actions.

purslow didn't have the mandate to sack the manager, the board has to agree and broughton was the man who had to ok it.

likewise, broughton didn't sell the club on his own.

this :applause:

Purslow was part of the longer term RBS financial risk management that ultimately worked in our favour in placing within the club those who were going to act in the financial best interests of the club and not just H&G. He played a vital role in the removal of a cancer that was threatening to destroy out club...not lose a few points...destroy it. Rafa has gone and started crying over spilled milk in the past few days. There are three things of note in this as far as I'm concerned.

1. I remember suggesting when Rafa left that he should speak out against H&G but that he wouldn't because it wasn't in his best interests. Got roundly shouted down about it on here yet in the past few weeks there were calls for players at the club to speak out, for Kenny to say something, and so on... IMHO Rafa has waited to pick on an easy target and has only risen to protect his own rep in the wake of the buffoon's outbursts that he lost the club...He should have said something a lot sooner or say nothing at all

2. Purslow never picked the team, worked with them through the week, unsettled one of the best central midfielders in world football and then seek to replace him with an injury prone totally different type of midfielder. What happened on the pitch was on Rafas watch and, just as Roy is getting villified now because we should be doing much much better with the players available to us, so should Rafa...

3. Purslow has stuck to the old adage - what happens in the dressing room stays there. I remember a video with the great Sir John Moores in which he said 'we don't talk out of shop'. Whatever their differences Purslow has never had anything other than gratitude to express publically towards Rafa...

did Purslow get it all right - absolutely no way, He brought Roy here, albeit on a short contract and, along with Broughton, with a get out clause on the arrival of new owners. He was though an interim MD in a club that was being run/sold by a temporary Chairman. Both have done what they were brought to do. Both have quickly and swiftly moved to now move on, clearing the path for the new owners (all of this would have been agreed during the takeover), and he operated without any clause tying him in to the club that would make him a financial cost to remove. Not for Purslow the sort of idiotic comments coming out of Roy about how the club would have to pay him compensation.

Well done Christian. You weren't perfect and at times you did and said things that angered some, most if not all of whom were angered without knowing what you knew about why things were said and why some decisions were taken. So, thank you Purslow. Between yourself and Ayres you actually got us looking like a half decent corporate entity. Between yourself, Ayres and Broughton you won the most decisive match we will face for many a decade.

for Rafa, thank you too for what you brought to the club. Now all just move on and let us begin the rebuild...starting with the next big decision, and no, there is no need for any of us to be falling over ourselves to thank Roy for anything other than realising things have changed and he should just move on...

Chewie

3. Purslow has stuck to the old adage - what happens in the dressing room stays there. I remember a video with the great Sir John Moores in which he said 'we don't talk out of shop'. Whatever their differences Purslow has never had anything other than gratitude to express publically towards Rafa...

absolute b******s.

Just because you didn't see Purslows lips move doesn't mean he kept everything in house.

Chewie

Staggeringly naive this. You do realise he spent the best part of 3/4 months, if not longer, briefing papers against the manager?

Sion

Edited by Sion

Staggeringly naive this. You do realise he spent the best part of 3/4 months, if not longer, briefing papers against the manager?

Sion

staggeringly naive would also count for thinking that press briefing is a one way street? no?