New New New Music Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Charlie Clown and Pipnasty in particular  Jeru the Damaja's new single..  https://open.spotify.com/track/30KbE2jbwCpe8iMrS7f8aj?si=lC-t4YhVSZu-XGQaajfK6Q

Hop hop is a new thing btw

New but sounds like something from Warp Records from the early 90's Or maybe Future Sounds of London. I like it.

Posted Images

All the elements are there but they don't work as a whole.

It's a Seahorses cast off isn't it? Doesn't go anywhere. Better than All Together Now but that's the crowd it'll play to.

They should have just left it alone really.

Cash money innit. It ain't where your from its where your money's gone.

Wrinkled rubbish.

Edited by smithdown

Not sure it is money, tbh. They've probably all done alright over the years, apart from Reni, maybe and the comeback tour would have sorted them all for life.

It's just that they're all in their fifties and not the wide-eyed vagabonds they were. It's dadrock. So is a lot of Second Coming, tbf.

Not sure it is money, tbh. They've probably all done alright over the years, apart from Reni, maybe and the comeback tour would have sorted them all for life.

It's just that they're all in their fifties and not the wide-eyed vagabonds they were. It's dadrock. So is a lot of Second Coming, tbf.

'this is the one' just came on my shuffle here as it goes. f*** me what a tune. full of piss and vinegar. this new one is just kind of sad really. 

and i still love the second coming.

Boris Johnson was on R4 the other morning actually complaining (and I mean ACTUALLY COMPLAINING) that the European courts were imposing child protection laws on the UK.

Not heard that one, but you hum it and I'll play it

They had better b-sides than this. Better demos.

The lyrics couldn't be less arsed, you'd be embarrassed of that even if you just thought them up to jog in on the first run through.

Not churning out mortgage paying dross like this.

they earnt millions apiece on the 2012/13 shows they did and are about to do the same again this summer. I just think they fancied putting some new stuff out unfortunately.

Edited by muleskinner

They had better b-sides than this. Better demos.

The lyrics couldn't be less arsed, you'd be embarrassed of that even if you just thought them up to jog in on the first run through.

Yeah they're v poor lyrics. They've nothing to be p*ssed off about so they've gone for this positivity angle and it's jarring.

they earnt millions apiece on the 2012/13 shows they did and are about to do the same again this summer. I just think they fancied putting some new stuff out unfortunately.

Haha. 'Unfortunately'.

'this is the one' just came on my shuffle here as it goes. f*** me what a tune. full of piss and vinegar. this new one is just kind of sad really. 

and i still love the second coming.

It's ok. I think Love Spreads and Tightrope are brilliant but a lot of it is poor. 10 Storey Love Song is woeful - always bugged me that it was so popular.