Sign in to follow this  
muleskinner

New New New Music Thread

I've been avoiding the Gil Scot-Herron revival beause I was convinced that all the praise it was getting was some kind of overhyped sympathy vote. is it actually good?

fwiw I avoided it for a while because of this but I really enjoyed the album after buying it

If he comes up with something approaching the level of what mad professor did with no protection it will be worthwhile.

I listened to it before to try and make some sense out of it and I actually think it's an album he can do stuff with that'll merit a remix of the entire album

I've just Vol. 8, brilliant.

Ripper!!

Volume 6 is probably my favourite though.

A lot of top tunes on it.

Zeppelin, Shapes, One Night in Tokyo, Battery Life, Esscence.. Outstanding..

fwiw I avoided it for a while because of this but I really enjoyed the album after buying it

I listened to it before to try and make some sense out of it and I actually think it's an album he can do stuff with that'll merit a remix of the entire album

I think heligoland gets harshly judged, there are some good tracks on it.

Forest swords, a bloke from the Wirral apparently.

Bit burial, bit durruti column. Atmospherically reminiscent of matt johnsons burning blue soul, another great homemade album.

Going to see Fixers in a few weeks. Only heard one single "Amsterdam", quite like it. Anyone know what the rest of their stuff is like?

Jonny next week - looking forward to that.

On the school run been listening to White Lies and Two Door Cinema Club.................much to my 10 year old step daughter's embarresment and wanting JLS on the radio now :rolleyes:

James Blakes debut album is wonderful, really enjoying it. Like no other album I've heard.

Modern r'n'b eh?

Part of me loves it yet part of me thinks it is just merely ok. It's not a particularly easy listen. It all sounds so f***ing lonely but in a good way.

He is dubstep's Arthur Russell.

Modern r'n'b eh?

Part of me loves it yet part of me thinks it is just merely ok. It's not a particularly easy listen. It all sounds so f***ing lonely but in a good way.

Know what you mean.

It gets boring quite quickly as well.

I Properly like this

Edited by Sion

James Blakes debut album is wonderful, really enjoying it. Like no other album I've heard.

One of the guys in office put this over the stereo tonight, it got a major boo from everyone - which is the first time that has ever happened in about 5 years, maybe with the exception of Joanna Newsom :D

Edited by crisps

Modern r'n'b eh?

Great headphones music. I've enjoyed his ep's but its always good to hear artists doing not what was expected. First great album of the year for me.

Great headphones music. I've enjoyed his ep's but its always good to hear artists doing not what was expected. First great album of the year for me.

I love love love Limit to your Love. The rest, less melodic stuff, is a harder listen. Pipnasty summed it up brilliant saying it's very lonely, I think there'll be a time and place when it'll be superb to listen to.