New New New Music Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Charlie Clown and Pipnasty in particular  Jeru the Damaja's new single..  https://open.spotify.com/track/30KbE2jbwCpe8iMrS7f8aj?si=lC-t4YhVSZu-XGQaajfK6Q

Hop hop is a new thing btw

New but sounds like something from Warp Records from the early 90's Or maybe Future Sounds of London. I like it.

Posted Images

Only heard once, but it sounds like a an REM covers band playing Reckoning

A lot of it certainly has that feel and of course Peter Buck guests on a few of the tracks. But there's nothing terribly wrong with that anyway and the songs are good, which becomes clearer after a few listens.

what did you make of the Jamie XX remix of that track pip?

I thought it was ok but nothing more than that. It's a fairly good track on its own but I think it takes away rather than adds to the original. Yeah, the album should be out pretty soon though. And then we've got Burial remixing the last Massive Attack album which should be out in the summer. He's got a lot of work to do there methinks.

Mainly trance and progressive still. To get a flavour subscribe to Above & Beyond's podcast, Trance Around The World.

Just wondering. It's not bad like, but I prefer stuff like Digweed, Sasha, Guy J, Jimmy Van M, etc

I download loads of free live and radio mixes from Soundcloud or Mixing.dj

Mixing.dj is an excellent site. Updated everyday with tons of new mixes

Only heard once, but it sounds like a an REM covers band playing Reckoning

I think parts of it are meant to draw on REM as influences, Peter Buck plays on 3 of the songs.

A lot of it certainly has that feel and of course Peter Buck guests on a few of the tracks. But there's nothing terribly wrong with that anyway and the songs are good, which becomes clearer after a few listens.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using early REM as an influence. I don't think there is a weak song on there its a blinding album.

I've been avoiding the Gil Scot-Herron revival beause I was convinced that all the praise it was getting was some kind of overhyped sympathy vote. is it actually good?

Yeah, I know what you mean. It is difficult to seperate the past from the present but in this case it does work to his advantage.

It is actually pretty good. Quite moving at times. 'New York Is Killing Me' is brilliant, obviously.

I really liked the original album and thought the remix was ok but bit pointless tbh. I hadn't heard Burial was doing heliogoland and I love his stuff but am not sure why he would

If he comes up with something approaching the level of what mad professor did with no protection it will be worthwhile.