By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New New New Music Thread

muleskinner

• 2 weeks later...

The new Weyes Blood is getting a fair bit of airplay chez Clown at the mo. Overall I'm a little bit suspicious that its a bit too tasteful and coffee table-ish but on a one-by-one basis the songs are absolutely lovely.

And as a full-on counterpoint to all of that, following my recent-ish inquiry in this forum about Miles Davis live albums I bought Live Evil and Black Beauty. Both maginificent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2023 at 07:45, muleskinner said:

The whole album is stunning. Some great collaborations on there.

Read a review last week that said that it's a good album but let down by some outdated beats. I couldn't even understand what that means. I'm sure Cale is old enough and smart enough to have exactly the beats he wants on his own album.

1 hour ago, charlie clown said:

Read a review last week that said that it's a good album but let down by some outdated beats. I couldn't even understand what that means. I'm sure Cale is old enough and smart enough to have exactly the beats he wants on his own album.

Pretty sure he releases what he wants when he wants without worrying what the critics have got to say.

Absolutely, I thought it said more about the callow youthfulness of the reviewer than it did about the album. Production and arrangements that sound completely contemporary will in most cases sound massively dated in ten, fifteen years' time. Why would you want to do that to your own work?

Edited by charlie clown

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...