By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New New New Music Thread

muleskinner

5 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Fans of Spaceman 3/Sonic Boom/Spectrum will be surprised to hear that Sonic Boom has released his first album for some 30 years today. 

The good news is, it's good :)

Looking forward to this.

Postman has pissed me off by not delivering Rolling Blackout Coastal Fevers new LP.

We have a Zoom quiz every Wednesday, this week I had to choose 5 questions relating to music in the 60's. You're supposed to ask testing questions but that people have a reasonable chance of knowing the answers to, I knew the answer to all 5 without Googling, either I'm dead clever (not) or the group are out of touch because everybody completely struggled, moaning their heads off. You get 20 seconds for each one, let me know how y'all get on?

What beautiful bird hit number 1 in 1966?

David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks were members of which group?

In the Beach Boys Fun,Fun, Fun what car did the girl drive?

Which Beatles song was about Mia Farrow's sister (They all really struggled with this)?

Green Tambourine was a hit for which band in 1967?

I'm just interested to find out if you lot think this is dead hard?

1 hour ago, Murphman said:

We have a Zoom quiz every Wednesday, this week I had to choose 5 questions relating to music in the 60's. You're supposed to ask testing questions but that people have a reasonable chance of knowing the answers to, I knew the answer to all 5 without Googling, either I'm dead clever (not) or the group are out of touch because everybody completely struggled, moaning their heads off. You get 20 seconds for each one, let me know how y'all get on?

Which Beatles song was about Mia Farrow's sister (They all really struggled with this)?

Good questions. 

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 06:47, Murphman said:

I knew 4 four for definite and guessed correctly at the other. How hard they are is, I guess, in direct proportion to how old you are or how interested you are in pop music. For the average joe who just mildly enjoys whistling along to the oldies when they appear on the radio, I would have thought they would be a tough ask.

Edited by charlie clown
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Tobes Rafa said:

I'm loving this at the moment.  First time I've heard of them despite them being mentioned a few pages back. 

Khruangbin - Time

New album coming out soon