By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

JWH

RP

Great to have a futures trader owning our club. Kind of ironic really given the poor profile of people in that industry, particularly over recent years. But who cares now?

His heritage is sound, I'm very happy

Great to have a futures trader owning our club. Kind of ironic really given the poor profile of people in that industry, particularly over recent years. But who cares now?

His heritage is sound, I'm very happy

He made his money trading vanilla derivatives though didn't he ? Not the sort of CDO or bundled nonsense that has given the industry such a bad name in recent years.

Nice to hear anyway....

Edited by Lee W

He made his money trading vanilla derivatives though didn't he ? Not the sort of CDO or bundled nonsense that has given the industry such a bad name in recent years.

Nice to hear anyway....

He did indeed - predominantly exchange-traded stuff, at least in the early days. He has been a huge name in the business for as long as I can remember (and that's a good few years now!!). There's a little gang of them (JWH, Louis Bacon, Tudor Jones etc.) - I'm not sure if they work together on deals (such as acquiring sports teams), it'll be interesting to find out.

next fortnight for sure

prob week after next

Gimme a shout.

He did indeed - predominantly exchange-traded stuff, at least in the early days. He has been a huge name in the business for as long as I can remember (and that's a good few years now!!). There's a little gang of them (JWH, Louis Bacon, Tudor Jones etc.) - I'm not sure if they work together on deals (such as acquiring sports teams), it'll be interesting to find out.

Did he work on the floor at all do you know, I can't seem to find anything that says either way, just confirmation of what he traded when he started ?

Did he work on the floor at all do you know, I can't seem to find anything that says either way, just confirmation of what he traded when he started ?

Always based in the States - I only heard of him when he had managed futures funds already up and trading successfully (so he was office-based). I'll find out if he ever traded on one of the floors.

Always based in the States - I only heard of him when he had managed futures funds already up and trading successfully (so he was office-based). I'll find out if he ever traded on one of the floors.

Yeah that would be good. I would've thought he would've worked at CBOT if anywhere.....