By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Is it wrong.....

charlie clown

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may as well be hoping we lose every game from now to Christmas..

Everton, Blackburn kicking us off the park, Bolton playing us off the park (like WBA & Blackpool), Chelsea, relegation 6-pointer at WIgan, Stoke ****ting us (and Skrtel ducking under Delap's throws), we might beat West Ham before Spurs show us how far we've fallen (into the relegation spot they had before 'Arry took over), GH bringing us his Villa, up to Newcastle who will smell blood, before Fulham show us how they're better without Roy and Blackpool again.

Not good, is it?

Then, if we've any players left unsold, it's 6 games in a row that would leave them black & blue at the best of times. But these games highlight exactly why 'fancy-dan teams' don't survive once they get into a relegation battle. It happened to Leeds, it happened to Newcastle. They don't have the nastiness to mix it up. The 6 games are Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Everton, Wolves again and Stoke.

That's up to the end of the transfer/vulture window.

Last 3 games when we could still be in real danger? Which club/manager would delight more in putting us down... Fulham, Spurs or Villa?

if you've made up your mind that RH is beyond reprieve, and you think NESV are going to take us over, and you take their comments about keeping RH as manager seriously then you should want us to lose the derby

think it the f*** through

in reponse to the opening post.. i could NEVER want Everton to win the derby regardless of the situation we find ourselves in..

the ideal scenario would actually be us winning handsomely, going on an amazing run, Roy Hodgson finally 'getting' us and acting as such and us finishing the season - at the very least - in the Champions League places.. surely we all want whats best?

saying that, you may be perplexed to know i'd love Roy Hodgson gone before the derby.. but then, i didnt want him here.. but we need some stability right now and man do i need something positive happening with the footy so i'll go with my 'ideal scenario' - for now..

FWIW i also do not think that getting rid of Hodgson and getting Dalglish in would be the right thing to do.. if he goes then i think we need to get a totally new manager in who will have 7 months or so to assess the current squad and make plans for the summer.. giving it to Kenny only puts a plaster over it, in my opinion..

Hmmm.

Want to agree with that but just remembering the ongoing mental midgetry.

Lowering of expectations you mean?

I'm not going to believe in something just because it's slightly better than very very s***.

Things to believe in don't have to be much. I pretty much went through a whole season just believing in Momo once.

Surprised you had to ask, even more surprised you felt the need to share it.

Its several steps too far IMO. Sure you won't be alone though.

Charlie dont surf.

nice try, Charlie

but Woodsyla is still way out in front of 'Schittiest Idea of The Year' competition

Haha - light the blue touchpaper and stand well back - I was asking because I was interested to know people's views given the frenzy of anti-RFH stuff on here, not because it's what I think.

As it happens, I don't think there is any circumstance so bad that it should be resolved by losing to the bitters. It gives em another exuse to have delusions of grandeur for the following five seasons. And they're c****.

Haha - light the blue touchpaper and stand well back - I was asking because I was interested to know people's views given the frenzy of anti-RFH stuff on here, not because it's what I think.

ahh the spirit of Allerton is alive and well :thumbs:

As it happens, I don't think there is any circumstance so bad that it should be resolved by losing to the bitters. It gives em another exuse to have delusions of grandeur for the following five seasons. And they're c****.

Agreed. We still need a new manager though, regardless.