By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The new, submissive Liverpool FC under Roy Hodgson

darucs112

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust Hodgson.

That's harsh, but I don't believe he is putting in the graft, isn't thinking deeply enough about his responsibilities, is thinking his presence here with his 35 years of driftwood experience suffices,

that he has done enough in managing Switzerland and winning a couple of Uefa Cup semi-finals to prove that losses against Northampton and Blackpool are down to other people, because after all you don't win the LMA and then lose

To fourth divison teams. I have no faith in the man, I don't expect he is looking at his tactics this weekend ahead of the derby, I reckon he has already picked his team and is having a nice hot bath.

Kenny would be thinking about what he has to do to get results.

Even if he didn't get the results I would trust him to be trying his heart out.

I think you're right mate. But then the alarm bells have been going off ever since he swapped two of our best youngsters and too much cash for Konchesky.

I don't trust Hodgson.

That's harsh, but I don't believe he is putting in the graft, isn't thinking deeply enough about his responsibilities, is thinking his presence here with his 35 years of driftwood experience suffices,

Maybe, deep down, he knew he might not have long in the job and stuck with what had worked for 35 ye.....

Nah...he's s***.

I think you're right mate. But then the alarm bells have been going off ever since he swapped two of our best youngsters and too much cash for Konchesky.

Was thinking that too.

We need a left back? I'll get my old one.

They want more money because they know I haven't got anymore targets? Chuck in a couple of kids - two of those ones over there, whoever they want.

We need a defensive midfielder? I had one once, I think he's still playing.

They burst out laughing when we offer five million? Give them that Italian lad on loan, I don't know who he is anyway.

We need a striker? Carlton Cole will do. He scored now and then, I'm sure I saw it on MOTD.

We can't afford him? Get rid of anyone under the age of 24.

Bagpuss on Tomazzies.

They will give him until the end of the season.

Thats a bold prediction.

I think we'll safely qualify for the Europa knock out stages, not even Hodgson can f*** that up after our legendary nights so far...

It hinges on a sharp upturn in the league, and lets be generous and say they will keep a watching eye until early December. That means he'll have the following fixtures to prove us all wrong...

Everton away

Blackburn home

Bolton away

Chelsea home

Wigan away

Stoke away

West Ham home

Spurs away

Villa home

Newcastle away

that takes us to the 11th of december and gives a new man, if it comes to it a short but still reasonable time to prepare for the January window. How many wins/defeats/points do you think are acceptable from that lot ?

I think we'll see some improvement on the 6 points form 7 games so far, maybe pick up 7 of the 9 available home points. What about the aways ? I think 12 points from 18 is generous based on what we've seen so far. 19 points from the next 10 games, perhaps.

That would leave us on 25 points, in mid December.

I don't think enough, I think he has to batter those next 10 fixtures, going to places like Wigan and Stoke and getting back to back wins, picking up at least 2 wins from Everton, Villa, Chelsea and Spurs.

I think another manager in now could have a fighting chance but not hodgson with the massive downer he's on and not knowing how to put together a side from the players he has.

If he gets the next ten games then I think we'll look back and wish he'd been fired sooner.

Edited by Tony Le Mesmer

Thats a bold prediction.

I think we'll safely qualify for the Europa knock out stages, not even Hodgson can f*** that up after our legendary nights so far...

It hinges on a sharp upturn in the league, and lets be generous and say they will keep a watching eye until early December. That means he'll have the following fixtures to prove us all wrong...

Everton away

Blackburn home

Bolton away

Chelsea home

Wigan away

Stoke away

West Ham home

Spurs away

Villa home

Newcastle away

that takes us to the 11th of december and gives a new man, if it comes to it a short but still reasonable time to prepare for the January window. How many wins/defeats/points do you think are acceptable from that lot ?

I think we'll see some improvement on the 6 points form 7 games so far, maybe pick up 7 of the 9 available home points. What about the aways ? I think 12 points from 18 is generous based on what we've seen so far. 19 points from the next 10 games, perhaps.

I don't think enough, I think he has to batter those next 10 fixtures, going to places like Wigan and Stoke and getting back to back wins, picking up at least 2 wins from Everton, Villa, Chelsea and Spurs.

I think another manager in now could have a fighting chance but not hodgson with the massive downer he's on and not knowing how to put together a side from the players he has.

If he gets the next ten games then I think we'll look back and wish he'd been fired sooner.

Giving Hodgson a season here would be a huge mistake. More key players to leave in the summer, less attractive proposition for new signings, playing staff shot of confidence, young players not progressing

The new owners have to be convinced to change the manager a.s.a.p

If the new owners didn't get rid, I'd seriously question their sanity.

They will have just invested £300m and want to get the maximum possible performance from their first season as owners.

My guess is they are keeping their powder dry until they actually have the club, and then they will bring their own man in asap. Broughton has started talking about Hodgsons clause for a reason, surely PR work on behalf of the owners. There is no way the NESV will be deaf to the boos and the anti-Hodgson feelings doing the rounds - let alone the results.

They'll know that their first act being to get rid of Hodgson will further endear them to the fans, after getting rid of Hicks and Gillett.

I hope.

If the new owners didn't get rid, I'd seriously question their sanity.

They will have just invested £300m and want to get the maximum possible performance from their first season as owners.

My guess is they are keeping their powder dry until they actually have the club, and then they will bring their own man in asap. Broughton has started talking about Hodgsons clause for a reason, surely PR work on behalf of the owners. There is no way the NESV will be deaf to the boos and the anti-Hodgson feelings doing the rounds - let alone the results.

They'll know that their first act being to get rid of Hodgson will further endear them to the fans, after getting rid of Hicks and Gillett.

I hope.

I agree with this, and think it's partly why Hodgson has been selling himself ( or trying to ) in the press recently, and why there is continued support for him from the hacks.

The laser is near his nackers but he's no Bond

Edited by Earl Hafler

Thats a bold prediction.

Everton away

Blackburn home

Bolton away

Chelsea home

Wigan away

Stoke away

West Ham home

Spurs away

Villa home

Newcastle away

You are living in Dreamland dear fellow Liverpool supporter. Of those ten fixtures above i would not put my house on any one of them. Roy Hodgsons new look Liverpool will struggle. I'm embarrassed to say this. And i'm ever the optimist. Put a top top manager in and i would be looking for at least a top four finish. Roy Hodgson is totally totally out of his depth at Liverpool. i never once imagined that he would prove to be So bad. Stunningly bad.

You are living in Dreamland dear fellow Liverpool supporter. Of those ten fixtures above i would not put my house on any one of them. Roy Hodgsons new look Liverpool will struggle. I'm embarrassed to say this. And i'm ever the optimist. Put a top top manager in and i would be looking for at least a top four finish. Roy Hodgson is totally totally out of his depth at Liverpool. i never once imagined that he would prove to be So bad. Stunningly bad.

I was being as generous as I could. My own opinion is that he'll get us fewer points.

The poster above has it spot on with reference to Broughton's comments to the press about the manager release clause. Its almost certain that he'll be sacked before December, I was just trying to look at the fixtures and see where it would leave us if he wasn't sacked in short order. the answer is quite clearly, up s*** creek.

I had a dream last night where Purslow set fire to a dolphin again only this time Hodgson looked on and applauded

Its not easy to set fire to an aquatic mammal.

Thats a bold prediction.

Everton away

Blackburn home

Bolton away

Chelsea home

Wigan away

Stoke away

West Ham home

Spurs away

Villa home

Newcastle away

I've just done a similar post in another thread. I can't see where the points are going to come from.

I agree with this, and think it's partly why Hodgson has been selling himself ( or trying to ) in the press recently, and why there is continued support for him from the hacks.

The laser is near his nackers but he's no Bond

'Do you expect me to talk, Mr Henwy?'

'No Mr Hodgson - I wish for once you'd shut the f*ck up you depressing tw*t - now take this concession cheque for a Fenway park match day Chili-dog brunch and get otta here - you're done.'

Thats a bold prediction.

Everton away

Blackburn home

Bolton away

Chelsea home

Wigan away

Stoke away

West Ham home

Spurs away

Villa home

Newcastle away

Look at those fixtures!!

The Derby, 3 NW Derbies, Stoke isn't a million miles away either. Then there's Chelsea and a trip to London where we never get owt

oh - and the 6 pointer vs WHU