By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

the legal challenge

Molby

'legal challenge'

it's crept in to our vocab like 'due dilligence'

hands up who has ever used that term until about 2 months ago

anyway, can someone explain it ?- supposedly RBS want G and H out....let's say they do

if so then then there are two problems

1 potential PR situation if they end up owning us

2 'legal challenge'

what is the legal challenge? - I don't understand it; how would they be subject to a legal challenge and more importantly, how would it play out? i.e. what do they get sued for and what are the financial penalties? really, how bad can they be? don't G and H have to prove a consequential loss or something? in reality their losses would depend on interest rolling up at the indulgence of RBS until new financial models exist other than the stadium - like internet based tv money or other forms of rocket science...seems impossible to mount a credible law suit based on such a flimsy proposition

Edited by Molby

I don't think so, and I mean in net terms, obviously

I'd rather keep the 9 points but would happily lose them if we had to - seems most people are thinking like this now

I'd rather keep the points and someone put a bullet in Hicks and Gillett's heads. Back in reality, they're gone......unless there's sone ridiculous clause we're unaware of.

You're on your own there

No he's not. Loads don't care about any deduction.

European footy is gone for next season. And if it takes bad results for more fans to be radicalised out of apathy then so be it. Use this season as a garbage can to pack away all the s**** into and incinerate.

European footy is gone for next season. And if it takes bad results for more fans to be radicalised out of apathy then so be it. Use this season as a garbage can to pack away all the s**** into and incinerate.

Premiership football maybe gone if we carry on like this. The way things are going there is a real danger we will need those 9 points.

I'd rather keep the points and someone put a bullet in Hicks and Gillett's heads. Back in reality, they're gone......unless there's sone ridiculous clause we're unaware of.

then what is this 'legal challenge' we keep hearing about?

it sounds like your attitude is that RBS will do the right thing in 2 weeks so we should now just focus on the footy side of things

if that's the case then new owners are on their way and therefore new money and a new manager

but I think the assumption that RBS will step in is dangerous

Rbs's powers to enforce any security they may have may be subject to challenge

In the event that rbs take possession of any secured assets and attempt to sell them there may be potential for legal action

I know that Boohog

what I'm asking is what is the basis of the challenge? as in why? the owners default, the lender repossess the club as they have first charge on it - where does the legal challenge come from and is there anything behind it rather than bluster and nuisance value?

what I'm asking is what is the basis of the challenge? as in why? the owners default, the lender repossess the club as they have first charge on it - where does the legal challenge come from and is there anything behind it rather than bluster and nuisance value?

Would they still remain as owners until the "legal challenge" is resolved thereby buying themselves another six months to a year?

The first is unlikely to have a valid challenge

The second would likely revolve around not acting in g&h's interests in selling assets.

Just because there is no valid argument for a challenge doesn't prevent it from happening. Its clear that g&h would want to delay things as long as possible so they can try to position themselves with an exit on their terms no mayter how unlikley this is.

Legal challenge, injunction or whatever would likely merely be an attempt to do this and since the assets would be in rbs's hands at thst point it isn't like there is much downside.

Having said all that the courts should deal with such things quickly as they should be pretty clear cut.

The first is unlikely to have a valid challenge

The second would likely revolve around not acting in g&h's interests in selling assets.

Just because there is no valid argument for a challenge doesn't prevent it from happening. Its clear that g&h would want to delay things as long as possible so they can try to position themselves with an exit on their terms no mayter how unlikley this is.

Legal challenge, injunction or whatever would likely merely be an attempt to do this and since the assets would be in rbs's hands at thst point it isn't like there is much downside.

Having said all that the courts should deal with such things quickly as they should be pretty clear cut.

agreed

but this being the case, and assuming RBS want rid of G and H, what is stopping them? in other words, will they step in in 2 weeks time? and if not then why?

Your bank wants to reposess your house.

You like your house and want to live in it

You will likely find any loophole possbile to stop that reposession.

And in G&Hs case, they will have some very expensive (at our expense, obviously) lawyers trying to find any possible reason to challenge the reposession. Real or imagined...

The funny thing in all this is, of course, that it seems to be about the only thing that unites the pair of them.