By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Rafa talks about his exit

Ed the Wool

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the biggest g*******s on the kop are scousers, supporting the club has got f*** all to do with where you are from. It's about how you "get" what Liverpool is all about. As Will has said in various posts, moan about the manager, say he isn't good enough but show him a bit of respect while he is here.

Misread this post thought it was disassociating the club and city, but I don't think it is now.

Something still not quite right about the sentiment though IMO.

Edited by Woodsyla

I actually agree with this entirely my discussion with fyds wa smore to do with him missing the point regarding the whole ooter discussion which has been done to death. The greats that have managed the club along with the greatest players have been held in the esteem they have because they get it.

In which case even by your yardstick I haven't missed the point as we were saying the same thing from opposite directions and misunderstanding each other - wouldn't be the first time ;)

No - the only other thing re the 'local club for local people' thing I was clumsily trying to say was in reference to some people I knew and some I still know who really don't seem to really get the club, the city or much of anything really - and they're born and bred scousers. Like you, for me it's important that you 'get it' - the City first, then to a degree the club falls into place. However, sadly, as Shanks, Paisley, Fagan and even Dalglish slide into middle age memory and more, that just leaves Rafa, who I think was one who certainly did 'get it' - but for some even of our own local fans, he was just too 'Spanish'.

So the, he replaced Alonso with Aquilani argument is finally shot to pieces. He didn't spend £18m on a player to replace Alonso, he wanted two and he didn't get both, and ironically one of them helped seal Rafa fate by beating us in October when Aquilani was injured.

I suppose it's still Rafa's fault because he should have made sure he bought Jovetic before he sold Alonso, or soemthing. A good honest hardworking man treated despicably by people who aren't fit to bear office in LFC.

I'd love him to come back and manage us again when the new owners come in. Knowing Rafa he'd come back and manage us in the Championship if he got a level playing field from the owners.

The man has 'The Liverpool Way' tattoed through him like a stick of rock.

Made my f***in day that lad top post :penalties:

Made my f***in day that lad top post :penalties:

I honestly think Rafa would have gone on to win the league and other trophies if the Muppets hadn't taken over. It is sad that a man of dignity and a pride in the Liverpool Way was forced out by a pair of c**** and some useless suits. :angry::angry:

I honestly think Rafa would have gone on to win the league and other trophies if the Muppets hadn't taken over. It is sad that a man of dignity and a pride in the Liverpool Way was forced out by a pair of c**** and some useless suits. :angry::angry:

What's galling is that even if that's speculation, given the prior evidence it's not an unreasonable reach. I think given even half decent owners with even half decent money...he may have done something really special.

What's galling is that even if that's speculation, given the prior evidence it's not an unreasonable reach. I think given even half decent owners with even half decent money...he may have done something really special.

Agree.... He was also IMO something of a throwback in as much as you could see he wanted to build a legacy, not something I see in many of the top managers currently out there, Mourinho being a prime example.

Yep i do believe that too

Agree.... He was also IMO something of a throwback in as much as you could see he wanted to build a legacy, not something I see in many of the top managers currently out there, Mourinho being a prime example.

That's another good point - he was intent on building the club a long term, top-draw footballing future. I can't think of anyone else doing that thesedays.

The people who hate Liverpool will go demented too

The people who hate Rafa will too, which is why I don't think he'll be back.

I'm glad to have read that article this morning, it's difficult to get by with nobody telling you the truth. I miss Rafa's version of things almost as much as I miss keeping possession.

Imagine an alternative world, where we signed Alves, Vidic, Simao, Barry, Jovetic, Silva and Martinez when we had the chance to and the owners (moores and the yanks) didn't screw it up....

basic economics means that you don't spend 10mil on a 3 30+year olds for left back, midfield and backup goalie when you don't have much to spare.

Rafa may have made mistakes, but at least we could offload his 'punts' for minimal loss. what would we get for brad jones, kons***sky and poorson?

So the, he replaced Alonso with Aquilani argument is finally shot to pieces. He didn't spend £18m on a player to replace Alonso, he wanted two and he didn't get both, and ironically one of them helped seal Rafa fate by beating us in October when Aquilani was injured.

I suppose it's still Rafa's fault because he should have made sure he bought Jovetic before he sold Alonso, or soemthing. A good honest hardworking man treated despicably by people who aren't fit to bear office in LFC.

I'd love him to come back and manage us again when the new owners come in. Knowing Rafa he'd come back and manage us in the Championship if he got a level playing field from the owners.

The man has 'The Liverpool Way' tattoed through him like a stick of rock.

:applause:

Seems my earlier comments about Rafa being partly to blame for our current mess has hit a raw nerve. Think I took a wrong turn and ended up at RAWK considering all the Rafa-maniacs on this site!

We have an average squad. It's not bad enough to be at the bottom, Hodgson has failed to maximise the potential of the squad and really should never have been in charge at all. But it's not his fault the players he has are not up to scratch. He's inherited Rafa's squad, which if anything is as bad if not worse than the one Rafa inherited from Houllier but we give Houllier plenty of stick for leaving us with rubbish players. It's only right that Benitez get equal criticism. It's absurd that Roy gets criticised for signing the likes of Poulsen and Kochensky. Who is he supposed to sign? Rafa spent most of the money on the likes of Johnson, Aquilani and Babel. Great help these guys have been so far to our league campaign....

Seems my earlier comments about Rafa being partly to blame for our current mess has hit a raw nerve. Think I took a wrong turn and ended up at RAWK considering all the Rafa-maniacs on this site!

We have an average squad. It's not bad enough to be at the bottom, Hodgson has failed to maximise the potential of the squad and really should never have been in charge at all. But it's not his fault the players he has are not up to scratch. He's inherited Rafa's squad, which if anything is as bad if not worse than the one Rafa inherited from Houllier but we give Houllier plenty of stick for leaving us with rubbish players. It's only right that Benitez get equal criticism. It's absurd that Roy gets criticised for signing the likes of Poulsen and Kochensky. Who is he supposed to sign? Rafa spent most of the money on the likes of Johnson, Aquilani and Babel. Great help these guys have been so far to our league campaign....

what a great post, thanks for enlighting us all

now f*** off to TLW

If Rafa had signed them I would have been cursing him too.

Btw I think you are a plum.

I would have said in the summer that Rafa left us a squad just a few top class players short of challenging for the title. The squad has got worse since Hodgson took over, and it is solely his fault that we are in the bottom 3 with this squad. We should not be there, or even close to there.

"I'll say it again, we made mistakes. But people are talking about players who were not good enough, if you put five or six of these players together, the cost would be five million. It's not easy to wheel and deal and at the same time to win and sign players like Torres, Reina, Mascherano, Aquilani, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas Leiva, Agger or Kuyt."

These are the players he left behind. "I was very clear that when I left we had a better squad than we had in the past, and a better team. We knew we had to bring in better players. We left a good team, a very good team. A lot of people are talking about the legacy but the legacy is fantastic. When I left the club, Mascherano, Benayoun and Riera were there, along with Carra, Gerrard, Spearing, Darby. Insua, Cavalieri and Shelvey. They cannot talk about legacy when Purslow and Hodgson signed seven players. They have already changed the squad."

The current board sent Aquilani on loan you tool, he got a standing ovation from the Juve fans.

Is THAT Rafa's fault as well?

He was sent back to Italy because he wasn't cut out for the Premiership. So he was given an ovation by Juventus. Guess that makes spending £20M+ on him worth it.

He was sent back to Italy because he wasn't cut out for the Premiership. So he was given an ovation by Juventus. Guess that makes spending £20M+ on him worth it.

How do you know he wasnt cut out for the premiership. Is Poulsen cut out for the premiership?