By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Rafa talks about his exit

Ed the Wool

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on what point you're trying to make - which is?

That those managers to whom you refer showed a huge amount of respect to the people and the city of Liverpool earning the respect of the supporters of Liverpool footbacll club and those "local club for local people" to which you refer are are generally more pissed off with the supporters from out of town who see LFC's location as something between an inconvenience and an accident.

That those managers to whom you refer showed a huge amount of respect to the people and the city of Liverpool earning the respect of the supporters of Liverpool footbacll club and those "local club for local people" to which you refer are are generally more pissed off with the supporters from out of town who see LFC's location as something between an inconvenience and an accident.

Completely agree with the bit in bold which is part of the point I was making that most of the key people in our history were OOT'ers or even OOC'ers.

The second part I think is wrong and a generalised huge assumption that 'supporters from out of town who see LFC's location as something between an inconvenience and an accident' and opinion dressed as fact.

The parochialismof a "local club for local people" that I refer to is that of many I know and grew up with even now think that 9 times out of 10 a scouser would be better, 'get it' more and that people who support Liverpool from other parts of the country (or world) are somehow lesser fans, know less or 'get it' less, no matter what their own reasons for supporting the team might be. They don't get that in a global village Liverpool Football Club, despite it's relationship to the city and culture and the people like me who grew up going to the game - belongs to the world.

some of the biggest g*******s on the kop are scousers, supporting the club has got f*** all to do with where you are from. It's about how you "get" what Liverpool is all about. As Will has said in various posts, moan about the manager, say he isn't good enough but show him a bit of respect while he is here.

some of the biggest g*******s on the kop are scousers, supporting the club has got f*** all to do with where you are from. It's about how you "get" what Liverpool is all about. As Will has said in various posts, moan about the manager, say he isn't good enough but show him a bit of respect while he is here.

Even then I think Will was more concerned about respect for the office, rather than the incumbent.

Completely agree with the bit in bold which is part of the point I was making that most of the key people in our history were OOT'ers or even OOC'ers.

The second part I think is wrong and a generalised huge assumption that 'supporters from out of town who see LFC's location as something between an inconvenience and an accident' and opinion dressed as fact.

The parochialismof a "local club for local people" that I refer to is that of many I know and grew up with even now think that 9 times out of 10 a scouser would be better, 'get it' more and that people who support Liverpool from other parts of the country (or world) are somehow lesser fans, know less or 'get it' less, no matter what their own reasons for supporting the team might be. They don't get that in a global village Liverpool Football Club, despite it's relationship to the city and culture and the people like me who grew up going to the game - belongs to the world.

reading comprehension not your strong point no?

I never said that the scousers see all out of town fans as considering the location of Anfield as an inconvenience merely that the local club for local people fans get pissed off with those that do. And no LFC doesn't belong to the world it belongs to the fans from wherever but those that fail to see the relationship between a club and the city in which it is located conmpletely miss the point. I have been to matches with people that consider Anfield a slum would much prefer that the club be located somewhere more convenient for them to commute to somewhere closer to wine bars than pubs and those fans can f*ck off.

and you think it's possible to get what the football club is about without getting what the city is about?

Some revisionism going on with Rafa's reign. Understandable considering the s*** we are in but he certainly is responsible for some part of this. Blew so much of our money on total garbage. Roy doesn't have much to spend or much to work with. And much of that is down to Rafa.

and you think it's possible to get what the football club is about without getting what the city is about?

No, the oot'ers I know at the game get the city as well.I am quite sure there are some that don't as you say but there are plenty of scousers who don't get what it is to be a Liverpool supporter.

For example we had a couple of d****ead scousers in front of us for the last few years who would always boo the opposing goalie instead of applauding him, wouldn't dream of singing YNWA at the start of the game. Words were had with them,but nothing changed. Thankfully they are not there this season. It wasn't just scousers applauding Blackpool and Northampton off the pitch either.

Just think it is a bit of blanket approach to say oot's don't get the club and the city and that all scousers are great reds when it's not the case. Good and bad in all groups.

No, the oot'ers I know at the game get the city as well.I am quite sure there are some that don't as you say but there are plenty of scousers who don't get what it is to be a Liverpool supporter.

For example we had a couple of d****ead scousers in front of us for the last few years who would always boo the opposing goalie instead of applauding him, wouldn't dream of singing YNWA at the start of the game. Words were had with them,but nothing changed. Thankfully they are not there this season. It wasn't just scousers applauding Blackpool and Northampton off the pitch either.

Just think it is a bit of blanket approach to say oot's don't get the club and the city and that all scousers are great reds when it's not the case. Good and bad in all groups.

I actually agree with this entirely my discussion with fyds wa smore to do with him missing the point regarding the whole ooter discussion which has been done to death. The greats that have managed the club along with the greatest players have been held in the esteem they have because they get it.

Some revisionism going on with Rafa's reign. Understandable considering the s*** we are in but he certainly is responsible for some part of this. Blew so much of our money on total garbage. Roy doesn't have much to spend or much to work with. And much of that is down to Rafa.

he has a squad full of international players to work with. Certainyl has a squad good enough to be top 6 in the league. Not bottom 3. Not loosing to Northampton.

The lack of money to spend has nothing to do with Rafa at all. And the signings of poulsen and Konchesky shows that he is signing players more s*** than those Rafa signed.

absolute b******s. As with Roy this summer he bought the best players he thought he could with the money available to him. He had to spread the money he got as far as possible while watching us sell players he didn't particularly want to lose. He left a squad capable of performing well in this league,perhaps not to win the title but certainly to challenge for top 4. You need to stoplistening to the shyte spouted on sky

Who is this 'garbage' that you are referring to? How much did they cost? Is it comparable to the amount spent on 'garbage' by other teams who are attempting to win the league / CL?

What a load of s****.

Read that and thought he's another of the idiots who've registered in the last year with 'questionable' purposes. Scrolled up - Jan 10. Shocker.

The best teams in Europe have been cherry picking our best players and we still have the worlds best forward and possibly the worlds best keeper. All on a budget of less than Villa or Sunderland.

Idiot.

Edited by Flight

Brilliant interview with Rafa. Obvious that the man is head and shoulders above anyone else who could possibly be involved with the club at any level, bar Kenny.

A great man, and a big f*** you to the media cretins and the idiot pundits who helped bring him down.

The thing about Rafa for me was that I got it. I compeltely got what it was he was trying to do. Even when things didn't work at all, I could pretty much see the rational behind it and think; 'yeah that was probably worth a go'.

And always *always* I could see that the ultimate goal was to win football matches and win trophies.

It didn't always happen, but that was always the starting point.

last season when i was one of the 'rafapologists' this was always my comeback to those complaining he was finished because, no matter what happened on the day and how s*** the result i always knew he had a plan - that the aim was to win - it may have been over-thought and over-complicated in the way he went about it but he knew what he wanted.. i got it too..

Eh, who are you referring to? Yes some players Rafa signed were maybe cheap stop gaps, others simply didn't work out as expected. You can't guarantee any signing is going to work, but I don't think he signed anyone who was so bad you knew it wouldn't work. Our squad is and was filled with a whole mulitutde of players who play for their countries. How many of our players competed in the World Cup? Are they s***?

He had 11 international players on the pitch yesterday. That Rafa's or his fault?

Rafa made plenty of mistakes, but Roy is making much bigger one's.

The mistakes we are currently making are his fault. And the owners and that c*** Purslow.

You really should stop watching Sky Sports.

Edited by Sanj77

So the, he replaced Alonso with Aquilani argument is finally shot to pieces. He didn't spend £18m on a player to replace Alonso, he wanted two and he didn't get both, and ironically one of them helped seal Rafa fate by beating us in October when Aquilani was injured.

I suppose it's still Rafa's fault because he should have made sure he bought Jovetic before he sold Alonso, or soemthing. A good honest hardworking man treated despicably by people who aren't fit to bear office in LFC.

I'd love him to come back and manage us again when the new owners come in. Knowing Rafa he'd come back and manage us in the Championship if he got a level playing field from the owners.

The man has 'The Liverpool Way' tattoed through him like a stick of rock.

So the, he replaced Alonso with Aquilani argument is finally shot to pieces. He didn't spend £18m on a player to replace Alonso, he wanted two and he didn't get both, and ironically one of them helped seal Rafa fate by beating us in October when Aquilani was injured.

I suppose it's still Rafa's fault because he should have made sure he bought Jovetic before he sold Alonso, or soemthing. A good honest hardworking man treated despicably by people who aren't fit to bear office in LFC.

I'd love him to come back and manage us again when the new owners come in. Knowing Rafa he'd come back and manage us in the Championship if he got a level playing field from the owners.

excellently put. love the man.

The real shame here is the fact that if he'd been able to sign Jovetic he probably wouldn't have been sacked because a top striker last season in Torres' absence and we'd have finished higher than 7th.