By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

iPod/iTunes Help

muleskinner

Is it possible to transfer the contents of an ipod into a empty iTunes library? Had a a few tech problems and lost my previous setup of iTunes and all content, playlists etc.

Not without third party software, even then I'm not sure you can import directly into Itunes.

Edited by Rushiesbushymoustache

Thought that might be the case, cheers RBM. A couple of long nights ahead re-importing it is then.

There are programs that will allow you to upload from the Ipod onto your PC, you can then re-import everything back into Itunes. You just can't do it without the third party software.

There are programs that will allow you to upload from the Ipod onto your PC, you can then re-import everything back into Itunes. You just can't do it without the third party software.

All the music is on the HDD, but as its a new PC iTunes doesn't know its there. Other than the import folder/ file is there a quicker way of getting it into the library?

This does what you're looking for: Music Rescue

Demo version requires a prompt every 50-odd tracks though.

Thanks, have you tried it out?

I did this the other day. My old computer crashed and had to buy a new laptop. Transferred all my music back into I Tunes, using free software. Use this - Sharepod. Its free and takes about 20 mins to do.

It copies all the files onto your computer and then highlight them all and save into I Tunes.

Easy!

Edited by roegahnn

I did this the other day. My old computer crashed and had to buy a new laptop. Transferred all my music back into I Tunes, using free software. Use this - Sharepod. Its free and takes about 20 mins to do.

It copies all the files onto your computer and then highlight them all and save into I Tunes.

Easy!

I am using Sharepod too (ever since the great OS v4.0 upgrade fiasco!) - it works fine for me.