By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Help please

Murphman

If you buy a pub for £350000 (currently non operational) and get permission to change usage to a normal dwelling before completion of the purchase can you get a VAT waiver

Before you complete.

Pay it and get it refunded after completion.

Not at all.

Thanks. The VAT helpline are a disgrace, a menu then 'f*ck off and call back', ad infinitum.

If you buy a pub for £350000 (currently non operational) and get permission to change usage to a normal dwelling before completion of the purchase can you get a VAT waiver

Before you complete.

Pay it and get it refunded after completion.

Not at all.

Thanks. The VAT helpline are a disgrace, a menu then 'f*ck off and call back', ad infinitum.

each time we have done this we have paid the VAT and then claimed it back after completion - it's simplest this way

12 weeks to get it back - a case of timing with your quarterly VAT returns

maybe you could set up the company to make monthly VAT returns and that could speed things up

I'm not VAT registered but will be if needs must, just awaiting confirmation from my accountant. Even he's not sure so cheers.

I'm not VAT registered but will be if needs must, just awaiting confirmation from my accountant. Even he's not sure so cheers.

He's a pleasant enough guy though, and you must keep him busy - saw him this morning sprinting to catch his flight to the Caymans - unshaven, big old stuffed leather briefcase under his arm and his pyjama bottoms showing under his trousers near his ankles...shouted something about 'tell that old goat it was fun' - so what you been up to then Murph?

He's a pleasant enough guy though, and you must keep him busy - saw him this morning sprinting to catch his flight to the Caymans - unshaven, big old stuffed leather briefcase under his arm and his pyjama bottoms showing under his trousers near his ankles...shouted something about 'tell that old goat it was fun' - so what you been up to then Murph?

You calling me an old goat is akin to me calling Mick Hucknell a ginger c*nt.

hold on, just had a thought: are you going to actually build out and sell apartments or something? if so needs a rethink or you will be forced to charge VAT to the individual purchasers

email me the proposition and I'll help you if you want