By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Loaning out younsters

Rory Fitzgerald

I read a piece in the paper yesterday about Wigan loaning out a youngster to a lower division club. Roberto Martinez said that they had structured the fee at a set fee and then for every time the club played the player then that fee would reduce and would reduce by a greater % for the more games that player played.

Sounds like a good way of doing business with youngsters, anyone know if its the standard ?

Given that it was reported in the paper, I was thinking that perhaps this was non-standard ?

I read a piece in the paper yesterday about Wigan loaning out a youngster to a lower division club. Roberto Martinez said that they had structured the fee at a set fee and then for every time the club played the player then that fee would reduce and would reduce by a greater % for the more games that player played.

Sounds like a good way of doing business with youngsters, anyone know if its the standard ?

Given that it was reported in the paper, I was thinking that perhaps this was non-standard ?

I remember under Rafa that some of the loan deals were structured so that we paid the player's wages if he played for the other team, but they did if he wasn't picked. Seems Wigan have a similar idea to encourage the young player getting games which is obvioously the point of loaning them out.