By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gin

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

bombay sapphire for G&T. think it's like scotch isn't it, there's just personal preference. someone once told me the rule was sapphire for G&T, tanqueray for martinis. but i've had gordon's & tonic plenty of times and it's been perfectly nice.

massive f***off difference in taste drinking G&T in hot climates versus in cold weather mind.

Millers Gin is the only option. Anything else is for heathens.

At a push I'd drink Hendricks, and Mahon Xoriguer Gin is good with lemon. But for a proper G&T Millers.

Two or three squeezes of lime and maybe a dash of Angostura bitters. I'm going to have one as soon as I get home from work in fact.

Charlie Clown dissed Hendricks gin, so I propose to you, good gentlemen and ladies of the genny - what's your preferred gin?

I also propose we burn Mr Clown as a witch. There's not been a burning in too long

Gin should not tatse of cucumber. Simple as.

The best gin's are:

1) Martin Miller's - the king of gin, works best with Fever Tree tonic water.

2) Whitley & Neil - less widely available but well worth tracking down.

3) Tanquerey - nice and complex

4) Gordons - for a such a popular and over-sold brand it's a really good bog-standard performer. Betetr than you'd esxpect it to be.

5) South - very hard to find, New Zealand-made gin. Come in a great bottle.

I know it's a personal taste thing but Bombay Sapphire is a bit too flowery and perfumed for me.

We did this a couple of years back and someone suggested Martin Miller

A fine tipple it is too

Probably me, I'm a bit evangelical about Miller's gin.

Edited by charlie clown

Don't like Gin, though I didn't like dark Rum until my last birthday and some one bought me a bottle of Sailor Jerry Rum, very nice that is. Mrs loves gin, only drinks Gordons though, I will try and persuade her to buy one of the others mentioned so I can have a go and see what they are like.

Don't like Gin, though I didn't like dark Rum until my last birthday and some one bought me a bottle of Sailor Jerry Rum, very nice that is. Mrs loves gin, only drinks Gordons though, I will try and persuade her to buy one of the others mentioned so I can have a go and see what they are like.

sailor jerry is lovely stuff. who would have thought that vanilla rum would work?

sailor jerry is lovely stuff. who would have thought that vanilla rum would work?

Too easy to drink onits own and still tastes great when mixed with just about anything. I am glad it is too expensive for me to drink on a regular bases!

My bird introduced me to that Sailer Jerry. Very nice it is too. Especially after a meal

Its weird how a single with coke tastes different to a double and coke (rather than just stronger)

On Gin, i'm no real expert but anything seems to taste better than Gordons to me. Its a boss summer drink G&T. Very refreshing on a band stand!