Sign in to follow this  
Superjay

TV comedy gone to s**te

Mock the week....

Russel Howard having all his jokes set up & doesnt do the stand up bit anymore (obviously saving material for that s**t weekly show he does). No Frankie = no edgy comedy. Hugh Dennis looking more and more bored each week. That f***ing no talent Andy Parsons and that stupid walk he does to the mic.

Lee Nelsons well good piece of s**te

Get F**ked with that eh?

James cordens world cup c**tfest

and I've heard that Jack f***ing Whitehall is presenting Never miind the buzzc***s now.

Seriously though is there any decent comedy shows on tv anymore?

That Mock The Week is abysmal.

I know quite a few people who love the IT Crowd but I don't really rate it.

New series of the Inbetweeners is due in a few months though.

I've been watching old films between the World Cup games.

There's f*** all on anymore.

Been reduced to watching the haircut Hells Angels of Sons of Anarchy and that mad thing Spartacus.

Some of the acting is funny?

The trailer was enough for anyone surely?

Was certainly enough for me.

I viewed it less as a trailer and more as a modern version of 'Duck and Cover'

and I've heard that Jack f***ing Whitehall is presenting Never miind the buzzc***s now.

likes the gak doesn't he?

Our resident buzzc***s resident might be able to shed some light

The trailer was enough for anyone surely?

Absolutely

The IT Crowd is just about the only one worth watching but it does veer massively from the brilliant to the plain embarrassing from week to week.

I laughed out loud a couple of times at Rev in the first week but it was a bit crap this week.

All of those panel games are just utter s**** - populated by exactly the same roster of unfunny c**** week after week. As a sub-set of the TV comedy world they've been looking tired and well past their sell by date even before some of them started (that's YOU Mock The Week).

i've taken to listening to the wireless more and more. TV comedy, bar the odd good one IT crowd and Inbetweeners, is at a very low ebb. if you see some of the stuff getting on telly, i'd hate to see some of the stuff they reject.

i've taken to listening to the wireless more and more. TV comedy, bar the odd good one IT crowd and Inbetweeners, is at a very low ebb. if you see some of the stuff getting on telly, i'd hate to see some of the stuff they reject.

Same here - Radio 4 comedy...always listend to some shows there since the days of 'Hello Cheeky' but it is getting to be the place to go for (intentional) comedy more and more...

Aye Radio 4 is excellent, other than I.T. Crowd and Inbetweeners, its Dave for QI and the odd other good series repeats, though Mock the week always seems to be on that!. Notice Hugh Dennis hasn't been on The Now Show in recent weeks but is still writing it and Outnumbered is another good show on telly.

Edited by Buzz

Yeah, The IT Crowd was good last week, I enjoyed the first episode of Rev but haven't seen the second yet.

I have recently been enjoying Marc Wootton's La La Land. Lots of cringeworthy laugh out loud stuff. The Office meets Trigger Happy TV.

Edited by ManxRed

I f***ing hate Outnumbered.

You wouldn't understand etc

The Office meets Trigger Happy TV.

That good eh?

That good eh?

In the sea of dirge that constitues TV comedy these days, its not bad at all.

Admittedly its not going to win any awards though.

like a squirrel blasted with a shotgun...a wound with fur round it.

I laughed.

thats the one!

I know. I'm not surrounded by tiny show off c****.

Since you moved out of Liverpool?

haha. ;)

La La Land is fkin ace.. brilliant.. i can't believe it's only been mentioned once in this thread - it's well worth catching (though not sure i get the "Trigger Happy vs Office" reference?!).. anyway, watch it.. its custy..

What I was trying to get at is that its uncomfortable, you watch a lot of it through your fingers, while at the same time its done on real members of the public in a pranky style. He's conning real members of the public to be in what is in effect a very uncomfortable sit com.

Maybe Borat is a better comparison on reflection.

The bit where he pursuaded some bloke and his mates to take part in a documentary film that would be shot in one take only, and got to take 77 or something. I couldn't hold my wee wee in at that point.

Edited by ManxRed