Jump to content

Souness' destruction of the squad


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Bringing Houllier in and asking him to co manage with Evans because we were too nice to sack uncle Roy! 

Passing over Toshack (who was really proven in Spain) twice! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Souness as Carla

Back then it was the norm

I know others, including Fowler who I love, were just as much part of it - but I'm not sure I hate any former player as much as I do Neil Ruddock, the pound passing pitch pissing car flipping 'First t

58 minutes ago, Beardsley said:

Was it true that David James went in to Evans and asked how much he would be fined if he dropped a game one weekend, because he was going to model for Armani? When he got the fine, he just said, see yah and went for the much better paying model job that weekend? Or is this urban myth?

pretty sure that's an urban myth

 

We did have Robbie Williams once on the team bus though 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hassony said:

pretty sure that's an urban myth

 

We did have Robbie Williams once on the team bus though 

Yeah, I hope it's a myth. If not, that would show a total disrespect for manager, teammates, club and fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

Passing over Toshack (who was really proven in Spain) twice! 

Toshack is a bit of a dinosaur though. Wales players couldn't believe how basic his coaching sessions were.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Toshack is a bit of a dinosaur though. Wales players couldn't believe how basic his coaching sessions were.


Think in the 90’s he’d something about him but later on I could well believe he didn’t evolve with the times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raj said:

I dont think we can underestimate how bad we have been off the pitch. From the 90s and up until FSG got their act together about 5 years ago, we have made some terrible decisions or suffered paralysis to take strong decisions when needed

Moores and Parry running the place like Cheers held us back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

Moores and Parry running the place like Cheers held us back. 

Ha! This is too good not to run with.

Evans as Coach, McAteer as Woody, James as Sam, Redknapp Rebecca, Ruddock Norm, Scales Diane, Ince Lilith. Anyone else? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cam said:

Ha! This is too good not to run with.

Evans as Coach, McAteer as Woody, James as Sam, Redknapp Rebecca, Ruddock Norm, Scales Diane, Ince Lilith. Anyone else? 

Souness as Carla

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2020 at 16:47, Beardsley said:

Yeah, I hope it's a myth. If not, that would show a total disrespect for manager, teammates, club and fans.

Wasn’t a game, but he missed a day or two of training for the modelling gig. And he paid the fine upfront. But I think the club actually was ok with it at the time. He started the next game anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I've just got very emotional reading Si Hughes' article about Souness. Some people talk about The Liverpool Way, but I really hope we've got better at honouring the true legends of this club.

Even Bill Shankly felt more welcome at Everton than Anfield after he left.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Paisley wanted to avoid the sort of situation Man U had had with Busby didn’t he? Where the players didn’t know who the boss was, because the old boss was still around. And Paisley was a ruthless winner behind all the geniality. 

That's a team management issue, surely there's something the club could have done at some level?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

I've just got very emotional reading Si Hughes' article about Souness. Some people talk about The Liverpool Way, but I really hope we've got better at honouring the true legends of this club.

Even Bill Shankly felt more welcome at Everton than Anfield after he left.

Yeah that Souness article gave me a touch of the waterworks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...