By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Souness' destruction of the squad

Tosh

58 minutes ago, Beardsley said:

Was it true that David James went in to Evans and asked how much he would be fined if he dropped a game one weekend, because he was going to model for Armani? When he got the fine, he just said, see yah and went for the much better paying model job that weekend? Or is this urban myth?

pretty sure that's an urban myth

We did have Robbie Williams once on the team bus though 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Toshack is a bit of a dinosaur though. Wales players couldn't believe how basic his coaching sessions were.

Think in the 90’s he’d something about him but later on I could well believe he didn’t evolve with the times.

5 hours ago, Raj said:

I dont think we can underestimate how bad we have been off the pitch. From the 90s and up until FSG got their act together about 5 years ago, we have made some terrible decisions or suffered paralysis to take strong decisions when needed

Moores and Parry running the place like Cheers held us back. 

1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

Moores and Parry running the place like Cheers held us back. 

Ha! This is too good not to run with.

Evans as Coach, McAteer as Woody, James as Sam, Redknapp Rebecca, Ruddock Norm, Scales Diane, Ince Lilith. Anyone else? 

On 29/06/2020 at 16:47, Beardsley said:

Yeah, I hope it's a myth. If not, that would show a total disrespect for manager, teammates, club and fans.

Wasn’t a game, but he missed a day or two of training for the modelling gig. And he paid the fine upfront. But I think the club actually was ok with it at the time. He started the next game anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've just got very emotional reading Si Hughes' article about Souness. Some people talk about The Liverpool Way, but I really hope we've got better at honouring the true legends of this club.

Even Bill Shankly felt more welcome at Everton than Anfield after he left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Paisley wanted to avoid the sort of situation Man U had had with Busby didn’t he? Where the players didn’t know who the boss was, because the old boss was still around. And Paisley was a ruthless winner behind all the geniality. 

That's a team management issue, surely there's something the club could have done at some level?

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

I've just got very emotional reading Si Hughes' article about Souness. Some people talk about The Liverpool Way, but I really hope we've got better at honouring the true legends of this club.

Even Bill Shankly felt more welcome at Everton than Anfield after he left.

Yeah that Souness article gave me a touch of the waterworks.