Sign in to follow this  
Bromage

Rafa's Last Home Game

Ahead of our penultimate podcast of this season to be recorded this weekend, we speculate whether tomorrow's home game is perhaps the last for Rafa Benitez. Whether you take the view that his achievements have been amidst a considerable face of adversity or alternatively that he is the root of all our problems this season, Liverpool fans have a history of respecting the achievements of its managers.

So if this is Rafa's last game at Anfield, what would be your personal message to him?

Istanbul was Houlliers team.

FA Cup win was down to luck

Bring on Mcleish*

* not really, i'd say hard luck, but that's the way things go

Edited by Sion

You gave me some of the best memories I've yet acquired following Liverpool. During the last 6 years when everyone else at the club seemed to be trying to pull it apart for their own reasons, you were the only one genuinely interested in ensuring we remained succesful on the pitch. So thanks very much indeed.

The memories under Rafa have been the best of Liverpool FC in my life.

I'm 35 but winning when I was a kid didn't register as highly as it does now.

I'm very upset that he's off and it won't sink in until I see it.

He was the one person I trusted most to do right by us.

It's horrible as he's fallen victim to circumstance at our club in it's most troubled of time.

I'll just say, gracias Rafa.

You made this one of the people happy...

Forever in your debt and thanks.

Ben Malone

Edited by Benzo-13

Thank you for the greatest night of my life, a buzz that will never ever be beaten, its impossible to beat that.

Thank you for the FA Cup.

Thank you for bringing Robbie Fowler back.

Thank you for Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and more.

Thank you for hammering Man Utd on their own ground, ending Chelsea's huge unbeaten home record, brutally outclassing Real Madrid, the consistent wins over Everton, the Anfield batterings of Arsenal, the CL wins over Chelsea, Juventus, Barcelona, Inter and more.

Thank you for staying in Japan with the team when you really should have been grieving at your fathers funeral.

Thank you for trying to make a stand against the favouritism a certain club in this country receives, if more people had the balls to do it that problem wouldnt exist.

Thank you for emphasising what a s***rag the sun (and the notw) is regularly.

Thank you for standing up to the bullies ie Sam Allardyce, Alex Ferguson and certain journalists.

Thank you for staying for so long when you could have clicked your fingers and moved to the biggest club in the world at anytime.

Thank you for staying despite our vile owners talking to another manager behind your back.

Thank you for staying despite our vile owners false promises and lack of investment.

Thank you for acting with dignity, you dont duck out of press conferences, ban the BBC or refuse to do after match interviews just because we lost a game unlike some others.

Thank you and your brilliant wife for everything you've done for this city.

I dont believe you want to leave this club or this city but think the club are effectively forcing you to do so while trying to avoid paying you what you're owed. I hope you enjoy Turin or wherever you go next and get the backing you deserve.

I feel guilty for calling for a change during the season but its not a reflection on your ability, more to do with these cancerous owners have sent such a rot through the club that the only way the players will get motivated again is a fresh approach and idea's. We'll no doubt have to repeat this process in 2 years when the next manager is stale and we're still under the same ownership.

Thank you for the greatest night of my life, a buzz that will never ever be beaten, its impossible to beat that.

Thank you for Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and more.

Thank you for hammering Man Utd on their own ground, ending Chelsea's huge unbeaten home record, brutally outclassing Real Madrid, the consistent wins over Everton, the Anfield batterings of Arsenal, the CL wins over Chelsea, Juventus, Barcelona, Inter and more.

Thank you for staying in Japan with the team when you really should have been grieving at your fathers funeral.

Thank you for trying to make a stand against the favouritism a certain club in this country receives, if more people had the balls to do it that problem wouldnt exist.

Thank you for standing up to the bullies ie Sam Allardyce, Alex Ferguson and certain journalists.

Thank you for staying for so long when you could have clicked your fingers and moved to the biggest club in the world at anytime.

Thank you for staying despite our vile owners talking to another manager behind your back.

Thank you for staying despite our vile owners false promises and lack of investment.

Thank you for acting with dignity, you dont duck out of press conferences, ban the BBC or refuse to do after match interviews just because we lost a game unlike some others.

I dont believe you want to leave this club or this city but think the club are effectively forcing you to do so while trying to avoid paying you what you're owed. I hope you enjoy Turin or wherever you go next and get the backing you deserve.

I feel guilty for calling for a change during the season but its not a reflection on your ability, more to do with these cancerous owners have sent such a rot through the club that the only way the players will get motivated again is a fresh approach and idea's. We'll no doubt have to repeat this process in 2 years when the next manager is stale and we're still under the same ownership.

clap.gif

:applause:

Top post lad, top post.

Rory Fitzgerald likes this.

Sign in to follow this