Gonna start supporting Inter now then

just kidding wayne

I'm now genuinely worried we're going to get Dalglish and Lee/another ex player helping him out. Surely he won't be that stupid to accept? SURELY?

There's no way he can succeed with the current scenario and that'll just taint his memory.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are there any companies offering first class flights into Liverpool airport? Maybe KLM, but you migth as well get easyjet than transfer at Amsterdam. Smells fishy to me.

Its a wind up. I work for a fish and chip shop in Grimsby.

In my opinion, no. Rafa is blue chip, hard to see any scenario in which a credible buyer with common sense would make it a condition that they would come with their own man.

It is unlikely that a buyer would want to terminate the employment of a manager who, despite a poor season, is very much in demand on the continent. The prospect of being able to demand compensation from the new employer for Rafa breaking his contract means that a buyer would more likely regard Rafa as a saleable asset rather than a liability. The most probable scenario is that Rafa does not want to leave and intended to honour his contract but that the board feel that there is an opportunity to get rid relatively cheaply as he would be under a duty to mitigate his loss if they were to sack him now and with clubs such as Inter Milan interested, it is unlikely that he would be out of work for long. Employment Law rights are different in the UK to Spain and the common law is less favourable when it comes to such large break clauses. The board are probably working on the basis that Rafa will have little difficulty in securing new employment at or about the same level of remuneration under his current contract and so by offering him a fraction of the sum he would have earned over the next 4 years they can persade him to leave now.

What is more of a concern is that I suspect that the board are looking to get rid of more than just Rafa here and that there is no realistic prospect of us being sold so they are about to cull the squad to raise funds to repay debt rather than move the team forward.They probably will then see whether there are more buyers at the reduced price that will inevitably be the consequence of such asset stripping.

Rafa is one of the few at the club is who is looking out for its interests. The feckers in the board want to get a cheap 'yes man' in who won't cause any trouble.

With him gone, think about who is left at the club with any power...

Edited by Vish

Why?

Doesn't exactly make you look decisive and confident in your decision making ability does it?

This is one of those hopelessly optimistic ideas such as 'new owners will be announced as soon as the window is closed so as not to drive prices up'

If none of that works for you, consider how well this regime is at keeping things in house. Do you really think a new buyer could be kept secret? One thing we do know, if and when we get sold, it won't creep up on us.

Why - thought that was fairly obvious to be honest, would be a shrewd move. As for keeping things in house, you're probably right although there have been a number of statements from Purslow, Boughton and the two clowns that they had buyers interested - I dont pretend to know who these people are, and know even less about what negotiations are ongoing.

I'm not convinced that the perfect new owners are out there at the minute - it goes without saying any change in ownership would be a fantastic and massive improvement on the current pair, but I'm not overly optimistic that the new owners we hope for even exist.

Why - thought that was fairly obvious to be honest,

Surely part of the allure of being in position of power is the chance to make big decisions? Why would someone be afraid of doing so?

Why would an new owner want rid of one of best managers in Europe?

If they believe it is the right thing to do, surely they would want the plaudits for having the balls to make the decision?

If they want the old regime to takes the stick / shoulder the blame, surely it would indicate it is not the best thing to do and therefore why would they want it done?

Do we have a working theory of why they want to get rid of Rafa? Looks as if everyone who actually loves the club wants him to stay. Why is the board working against this wish?

They won't agree to give him the money raised from player sales. This must indicate that they intend to sell players.

I guess Rafa won't agree to it.

Rafa has a contract that gives him control over transfers.

Call me Sherlock, but it's not hard to work out what is going on.

Do we have a working theory of why they want to get rid of Rafa? Looks as if everyone who actually loves the club wants him to stay. Why is the board working against this wish?

They'll say it's because of the success/performance - or total lack thereof - last season

I fear that it's not due to footballing reasons. Don't forget that as well as Rafa, there's a whole backroom of people that may or may not get fired too....

I thought the season could not get any worse, but this summer is a monumental crossroads in the future of LFC. I don't trust the people making the decisions to make the correct one, to the extent that Rafa's departure makes those decisions harder/more critical, not easier. You're in a hole, stop digging... our lot have dug the hole deeper with this.

I can think of lots of reasons

1) They're tired of having someone fighting their attempts for total control

2) They want to sell players to alleviate their debt and Rafa won't go for it

3) They want to throw a scapegoat to the fans/press to take the heat off for a while.

Surely part of the allure of being in position of power is the chance to make big decisions? Why would someone be afraid of doing so?

Why would an new owner want rid of one of best managers in Europe?

If they believe it is the right thing to do, surely they would want the plaudits for having the balls to make the decision?

If they want the old regime to takes the stick / shoulder the blame, surely it would indicate it is not the best thing to do and therefore why would they want it done?

I'm not advocating this Gomez, but if you wanted to buy the club and you didnt think Benitez was one of the best managers in Europe, and you were also aware of his popularity, getting the current owners to shoulder the blame would be a very shrewd move.

Just because something isnt popular doesnt make it "not the best thing to do."

As I said before, I'm searching for some comfort in this shambles. Optimism seems a distant concept with regard to the club at the minute.