• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard has four offers from English clubs and there have been conversations with Real Madrid. Mourinho would love to work with either Lampard or Gerrard and if Mourinho convinces the Real Madrid president to fund a move, then an offer will be made for one of them. Gerrard has not conspired against Rafa even though it is quite likely that the long relationship between them had become professional. I have said before that, in my opinion, the intensive methods of Rafa, means that his squads need to be recycled regularly - every 2-3 years - for their full potential to be realised.

Four? WTF?

City, Chelsea for sure.

Man U?

Arsenal (surely they couldn't afford him)?

We may be lucky and get Hiddink on a one year, and review next year, deal. Who knows.

Hiddink's agent said yesterday that Inter approached him last week about Hiddink taking over from Mourinho & Hiddink turned them down because he doesn't want to break his contract with Turkey

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/hiddink-not-interested-in-inter-milan-job-1989314.html

Jamie Redknapp is gonna be the next genius to be interviewed by Sky. Brilliant.

I watched that anhorrent quiz show with James Cordon he's on the other night. He acted unbelieveably disgustingly towards Houllier. It changed my opinion of him from a clueless muppet, to a genuinely nasty piece of work.

He said something like 'have some of that Houllier you w*****'

The management company of a certain German ex-International Striker use our booking systems for reserving their travel and hotels, etc and they have just booked a first class ticket to John Lennon International from Germany for tonight. I'm not saying anything. Just passing on information.

Is it a Stuka??

Dive, dive, dive!!

WTF are you talking about ? What hindsight did those on the kop who sung 'you can stick your Gareth Barry up your ar*e' have when they were singing in support of Alonso back in August 2008 /

"It was a poor poor decision even without the wisdom of hindsight"

So you know for a fact that had the transfers happened, it wouldn't have worked out? In hindsight, you could say Xabi had a great season so Rafa was wrong to try and sell, but that's not really a fair comparison is it? Barry could have come in and we could have won the title.

Hence - only way you can judge the transfer is with hindsight, and it's totally stupid to ponder it in that sense anyway.

Anyway, like Jarg says, it's moot. Rafa's gone, you've got your wish, lets hang on and see where this rollercoaster takes us. Nowhere good is my bet.

Tony Barrett

Updated 10 minutes ago

RAFAEL Benitez was today expected to finalise the terms of the severance package which will bring his six year stint as Liverpool manager to an abrupt end.

Talks between Benitez’s representatives and club officials are ongoing as they attempt to thrash out a compromise deal but the distance between the two parties is understood to have closed since yesterday and an agreement is close.

News of Benitez’s impending departure has sparked outrage amongst a section of the club’s supporters and a protest is to be held at Anfield at 6pm today. Though opinion on the Spaniard is divided with some fans critical of the latter years of his reign and therefore happy that he is about to leave, others remain staunchly loyal to the man who helped Liverpool to win their fifth European Cup.

But even many of those who will be glad to see the back of Benitez are far from impressed with the way his departure is being handled with the haggling over his pay off indicative of the financial problems that continue to plague Liverpool and the fact that they quite simply cannot afford to sack him.

Suggestions that Benitez has already been sacked have been dismissed by both club and manager, although a parting of the ways on mutual terms is now totally inevitable.

You're a businessman aren't you? Do you normally go around agreeing contracts and then breaking them? Expecting people to take 1/5 of what they're entitled to, then briefing the press to make it look like they're being greedy?

You don't want Rafa getting £16m? Tough titty. It's the worth of his contract. More blame on the owners for agreeing to such a high figure.

as you're attorney I advise you not to answer this DH

Genuine question - is there any chance that Rafa's continued employment as manager was proving an obstacle to selling the club ?

In my opinion, no. Rafa is blue chip, hard to see any scenario in which a credible buyer with common sense would make it a condition that they would come with their own man.

I have said before that, in my opinion, the intensive methods of Rafa, means that his squads need to be recycled regularly - every 2-3 years - for their full potential to be realised.

Said this before and it's one of his main failings. It's impossible to build a consistent team and brand of football with such a high turnover of players who are no longer able to satisfy his ever changing demands.

In my opinion, no. Rafa is blue chip, hard to see any scenario in which a credible buyer with common sense would make it a condition that they would come with their own man.

Bear with me as I'm trying to draw a shred of comfort from the shambles, but IF you wanted to buy the club and wanted your own manager in, surely you'd get the previous owner to do your dirty work for you ?

Bear with me as I'm trying to draw a shred of comfort from the shambles, but IF you wanted to buy the club and wanted your own manager in, surely you'd get the previous owner to do your dirty work for you ?

True, you wouldn't risk coming in and pissing people off straight away.

Think this is a very hopeful view though unfortunately.

Said this before and it's one of his main failings. It's impossible to build a consistent team and brand of football with such a high turnover of players who are no longer able to satisfy his ever changing demands.

what are those ever changing demands?

In theory it's possible and I am sure there is an example to prove what I think is the rule, but in general it wouldn't be common.

Any buyer making these conditions is probably another mentaller too, by the by.

Why?

Doesn't exactly make you look decisive and confident in your decision making ability does it?

This is one of those hopelessly optimistic ideas such as 'new owners will be announced as soon as the window is closed so as not to drive prices up'

If none of that works for you, consider how well this regime is at keeping things in house. Do you really think a new buyer could be kept secret? One thing we do know, if and when we get sold, it won't creep up on us.

liverpool_pa_594422t.jpg

Makes a change from "F**k off Houllier, hope you die of AIDS" I suppose.