By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Arsenal away

Bigal

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we deserved a draw.

If we had Torres fit or a half decent striker, we could easily have won this.

We deserved a point there.

Yet again Webb proves he's a s***, bottling c***.

On what basis, that we were not in much danger and were quite comfortable in a game of two toothless sides until they scored?

We created less than half a dozen chances all game, only one or two big ones, then there was Babel's shot and the second freekick we should have had with Fabregas handballing the last kick of the game.

Facts are Arsenal did just enough to win and we were no threat to them.

We had a poor 0-0 draw at Wolves, but Spurs managed to out-do us by losing, which is a plus.

Still feel that pretty much everything that can go against us, is going against us this season. Our back 4 was solid, and then Carragher gets injured, and his replacement can't be bothered to defend, and we concede. We hit the post with a useless keeper (Almunia) actually making a decent save. And then we have another ref, who although not as bad as some we've had this season, still ignores 2 clear, clear handballs, at least 1 of which should have been a pen. And if Fabregas was outside the box when he handled it, the free-kick should have been re-taken, as the Arsenal players 10 yards away were clearly meant to be in the box.

Also a bit confused as to how / why Maxi stayed on the entire game, when he really was very, very poor. And it's also frustrating that it was only after going behind that we actually started playing with some urgency - Gerrard in CM was largely responsible for this.

Deserved a draw - and that's with missing our 3 most expensive signings.

it's where the incident occurs. But rarely does an incident occur in (on) an infinitely small area or with no movement, so you have to judge. But the line is in the box.

For the foot on line, handling 6 feet away due to slipping - email You Are the Ref at the Guradian

That's rugby surely?

It's rugby the other way round? Foot on the touchline = out of play?

we are impotent in these kind of games without Torres to lead the attack.

everyone knows N'Gog does not have it in him to hold the ball and throw his weight around up front on his own.

Arsenal played him man to man, had it been Torre it would have been 2 or 3 defenders marking Torres.

I did not expect much of anything from this game given our woeful track record away to Arsenal.

poor goal to concede, but as we gave them more of the ball, it was always on the cards.

why we only used 2 subs is baffling, but only the manager knows why that happened.

the one positive thing I took was seeing Babel at least show some spirit and a bit of a spark in his play.

Don't think that's true

If someone slipped, ended up on their a*** and handballed it 6 feet outside the box, but their feet were still on the line, as if it's a pen

That's rugby surely?

Can't believe anyone thinks that seriously. Never ever been the case in football.

Under Law f***ing 1 it states "The field of play is marked with lines. These lines belong to the areas of which they are boundaries"

it's where the incident occurs. But rarely does an incident occur in (on) an infinitely small area or with no movement, so you have to judge. But the line is in the box.

For the foot on line, handling 6 feet away due to slipping - email You Are the Ref at the Guradian

It's rugby the other way round? Foot on the touchline = out of play?

Yeh, it was more about the feet having not much to do with football, it's about where the ball is

Yeh, it was more about the feet having not much to do with football, it's about where the ball is

The ball was on his arm. Above his head. Above his foot. Which was on the bloody line.

Theoretical crap about other incidents where a player was lying on his a*** at the time aren't really relevant to whether a player handing above their head whilst standing on the line is conceeding a penalty.

i'm convinced we would have won tonight had we had a more positive approach. we are now approaching away games the way fodder approach games at Anfield.

i just cant and will never understand why we just dont play to our strengths

The piss stained overalled one down the M62 would be the same if his had a crash?

his has crashed as well. the difference is he knows how to fix it

looked like the ball was outside the box to me when Fabregas handoled it, Still cant believe Webb let it go. Actually going on other decisions we havent got this year, i can.

it was outside the box. his foot was on the line, but his arm was slightly ahead and therefore outside the box. all this "foot on the line therefore a pen" stance is silly and wrong

it was outside the box. his foot was on the line, but his arm was slightly ahead and therefore outside the box. all this "foot on the line therefore a pen" stance is silly and wrong

Yeah ive watched the replays a few times now and thats what happened.

On what basis, that we were not in much danger and were quite comfortable in a game of two toothless sides until they scored?

We created less than half a dozen chances all game, only one or two big ones, then there was Babel's shot and the second freekick we should have had with Fabregas handballing the last kick of the game.

Facts are Arsenal did just enough to win and we were no threat to them.

yep

i'm convinced we would have won tonight had we had a more positive approach. we are now approaching away games the way fodder approach games at Anfield.

i just cant and will never understand why we just dont play to our strengths

yep

yep

i'm convinced we would have won tonight had we had a more positive approach.

I tend to agree with this. They were there for the taking, very cautious and calculated. Which is absolutely not their style of play.

Very frustrating - this is the second year in a row at their ground that I've felt that we didn't take the game to them when they looked vulnerable.