Arsenal away

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's insane the amount of pens we've been denied. Actually think we should have had 2 in that game. If you're going to try to block the ball with your arms away from your body, and the ball then hits your hand, you can't really complain if a pen is given. The Vermalen one particularly looked more like ball to hand (and, no, I don't want to get into a discussion about intent).

Ngog and Maxi were both desperately poor. Am amazed they stayed on for the 90. Degen showed again that he can't defend. Have no idea what he was doing for their goal.

We were good for a point in that match. It's annoying but without trotting out a rubbish cliche the City game was always going to be bigger.

the annoying thing is that if we played like we did in the last 20 minutes at the start of the match (or at least after half time) we would have won this game

arsenal are very average

It's insane the amount of pens we've been denied. Actually think we should have had 2 in that game. If you're going to try to block the ball with your arms away from your body, and the ball then hits your hand, you can't really complain if a pen is given. The Vermalen one particularly looked more like ball to hand (and, no, I don't want to get into a discussion about intent).

Ngog and Maxi were both desperately poor. Am amazed they stayed on for the 90. Degen showed again that he can't defend. Have no idea what he was doing for their goal.

I cannot understand why Riera didn't get 15 minutes for Maxi at the end.

looking at the replay from the side it showed that fabregras was outside the box when he handled it,so it would have been another freekick and he would have been sent off.then tomorrows papers would have read "arsenal's young guns down liverpool with 10 men".

Aye Carra going off did throw our shape.

Thought everyone played well, bar Maxi. Not pretty but we were playing in a ground we never win at, without some massive players.

Raging at Webb. Fair enough maybe we got away with the Bendtner incident but he was a homer all night and not giving a pen at the start was shocking.

Results went for us tonight. Spurs best and Villa draw. City winning last night was a b*****d though.

Need to best City now.

f***ing hate Arsenal, you know. Pompous t***s. Shouting "hoof" when we are clearig the ball in defence shows them up.

looking at the replay from the side it showed that fabregras was outside the box when he handled it,so it would have been another freekick and he would have been sent off.then tomorrows papers would have read "arsenal's young guns down liverpool with 10 men".

His left foot touching the line = pen

Well, it's hugely better than Wolves and Portsmouth away and the first half was actually quite good, apart from some piss poor passing. Arsenal in reality are really not that good but believe in themselves and at least can pass to each other, but you can really see why they can't beat a team that has attacking ability, which let's face it, we don't have much.

Ratings

Reina - 7 - Not a lot to do in reality.

Insua - 8 - Very good game from him again. As I keep saying, he's not the problem.

Agger - 7 - Thought him and Skrtel did well but there goalscorer was unmarked, albeit Arsenal were fortunate to have the ball come back to them.

Skrtel - 7 - See above.

Carragher - 7 - decent game, but his hoofing doesn't help.

Maxi - 6 - Better option than Babel out left, but hardly lighting the World on fire.

Mascherano - 8.5 - MOTM again. People critisize his passing....why, he always seems to find a Red [black] shirt, unlike many others.

Lucas - 6 - To me, a good squad fill in, but Gerrard should be playing here. My biggest beef with him is that he lacks a turn of speed and tends to get caught with the ball because of it. He makes short unnessecary passes that get his team mates in trouble when he has time to do more. Often doesn't think quick enough.

Dirk - 5 - Poor poor game from him. Total opposite to Saturday.

Ngog - 5 - Young so maybe it's unfair to expect more from him, but is really becoming a bit of a waste of space

Gerrard - 6.5 - I've thought it and been saying it for a while, but he's totally wasted playing further up when Torres is out. Might even be when Torres is in.

Subs

Degen - 6 - Decent fill in player, but not really good enough against the top 6/7 teams....bring Kelly in and give him a go.

Babel - 6 - Well, at least he made more effort than Saturday. His shot that hit the bar is typical Babel. Unfortunately that's his only trick....cut in and shoot and any decent Managers of other teams only need to tell there players that.

I think the game showed that Gerrard needs to brought back into CM, we looked alot more purposeful when he dropped back. I know Arsenal were sitting deep but we looked alot better, Maxi didnt really add anything, I think Babbel should get a run in the team. At least he has some pace and if he turns up can at least cause a threat.

Raging at Webb. Fair enough maybe we got away with the Bendtner incident but he was a homer all night and not giving a pen at the start was shocking.

f***ing hate Arsenal, you know. Pompous t***s. Shouting "hoof" when we are clearig the ball in defence shows them up.

We got away with f*** all. It was a dive. Andy Gray was gutted, but it doesn't change that it wasn't a foul.

My favourite HOOOF shout was when Gerrard's inch perfect 60 yard ball to Degen (that Degen f***ed up) was greeted by it. Admittedly not by as loud as usual, but it was still there

I think the game showed that Gerrard needs to brought back into CM, we looked alot more purposeful when he dropped back. I know Arsenal were sitting deep but we looked alot better, Maxi didnt really add anything, I think Babbel should get a run in the team. At least he has some pace and if he turns up can at least cause a threat.

And it was the first 50+ yard pass for a long time which came from a midfielder which opened up the play completely instead of the short passes Lucas always keeps giving.

Masch was very good again today!

Edited by Gerrardrules

That was really f***ing bizarre at the end. Nevermind what we might have got from it but holding your two arms up in the air to block the flight of a ball towards goal is fine, is it? Amazing just how completely and utterly inept referring is at this level, clueless.

Anyhow, everybody did their bit bar Degen who was just awful. Insua wasn't all that good either but I blame Rafa for that one - how he can consider him first choice left back is beyond me, the lad is keen, skilled, but utterly lacking in experience or positional sense. Together they contrived to lose us the goal. Otherwise we would have stuck out and got what we deserved really.

And it was the first 50+ yard pass for a long time which came from a midfielder which opened up the play completely instead of the short passes Lucas always keeps giving.

Masch was very good again today!

Exactly! While we keep playing it safe in CM we are never going to really open teams up, Lucas is a good squad player, the type you bring on when you need to shut a game down he is not someone you need to open up defences. He cant shoot, cant head and he slows down the play too much. I think Masch has really developed this year, due to Lucas's inability to pick out a pass more than 5 yards he has started knocking it around but its not enough. Bring Gerrard back into CM alongside Masch and play AA behind the striker or maybe benny, how much did time did Gerrard get on the ball today? I know he is off form but if he isnt getting the ball or any supply then whats the point? He cant always make something out of nothing...and this season he really is struggling anyways.