Sign in to follow this  
Bromage

Next Podcast

Your choice on Rafa  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will be honest with you. As a United fan, I /we see him as a fake who knows how to con the Liverpool fans into supporting him more than the team. Its because of this that if polled, most fans outside of Liverpool FC will vote as I have. "Stay out his contract"

that;s because you're a prick who knows nothing about football.

I will be honest with you. As a United fan, I /we see him as a fake who knows how to con the Liverpool fans into supporting him more than the team. Its because of this that if polled, most fans outside of Liverpool FC will vote as I have. "Stay out his contract"

By conning the Liverpool fans I assume you mean he did this by having the balls to point out the unhealthy influence your manager has over football in this country and generally getting under his skin to the point where Mr Ferguson has to resort to getting Fat Sam to back him up? Oh and managing a team that's beaten your sorry lot the last three times we've played, including a victory at the Theatre of Prawns which will be talked about for yearts to come?

Back on topic though, he's done more than enough to merit at least another season, regardless of what happens between now and May (barring relegation maybe.)

that;s because you're a prick who knows nothing about football.

Thanks for that matty, I've just let out a quite audible laugh during a meeting for apparently no reason.

It's interesting that because my view point is that Rafa should be replaced as manager several other posters are keen to try and pick holes in what I am saying.

Nobody on here has provided a single persuasive argument as to why Rafa should be allowed to remain as manager beyond not trusting the owners to line up a suitable replacement, and a sense of loyalty to the manager which I view as misguided, if well intentioned. I respect Rafa and what he has achieved, but my loyalty is to Liverpool FC and what is best for the club.

I am trying to put down this point of view across as constructively as I can.

As for key players - Alonso and Hyypia have not been replaced.

While I thought Johnson was an excellent signing, getting quality back-up to Torres should also have been a higher priority if funds were tight.

But it's the signing of Aquilani, and the trust shown in Lucas, which is the most problematic area for me. It's contributed significantly to our failure to move the ball constructively and quickly, as well as leaving our central defenders more exposed.

How can you leave out Real Madrid? That was as good a display I have seen from us since the Forest 5-0

Firstly I'm certainly not trying to pick holes in the arguement - if there are holes these these will be clearly visible to the reader. My point was to clarify that apart from Alonso & Arbeloa, who many (including Carra) saw as a liability on some occasions, if you look randomly at our team during the period when we were "unbeatable", most of these players are still with us, plus we played without Alonso & Gerrard on some of these occasions. Lucas plays more now but then he was pretty much a regular during this period as well. I'll happily leave discussion on tactics to those who know better than I !

The manager is not responsible for injuries and loss of form and clearly was limited by funds available in terms of additional cover buys, many people believing that the goalposts were moved during the summer transfer window.

Firstly I'm certainly not trying to pick holes in the arguement - if there are holes these these will be clearly visible to the reader. My point was to clarify that apart from Alonso & Arbeloa, who many (including Carra) saw as a liability on some occasions, if you look randomly at our team during the period when we were "unbeatable", most of these players are still with us, plus we played without Alonso & Gerrard on some of these occasions. Lucas plays more now but then he was pretty much a regular during this period as well. I'll happily leave discussion on tactics to those who know better than I !

The manager is not responsible for injuries and loss of form and clearly was limited by funds available in terms of additional cover buys, many people believing that the goalposts were moved during the summer transfer window.

There is goal posts being moved, and then there is meltdown.

We after 6 years, shouldn't be imploding after replacing the players we lost, just like our rivals. Yes I understand transfer funds have been taken, but how does that excuse playing Dirk Kuyt regardless of performance? How does that excuse the fact we all of a sudden can't defend, and how does that excuse not only being out of the title race, but struggling to get to fourth place?

Some of our greatest wins last season came with an unfit Torres and Gerrard, or even both. We beat United 4-1 without Alonso.

I can draw many similarities to Houllier's reign, and the excuses are incredibly similar.

Back in January I thought Rafa blew it in the league, I also felt we would never win it. I was wrong at the time, we got back into the title race and looked like we where going to push forward.

When the f***ing about over the contract occurred

1. He shouldn't have got 5 years, 3 not 5.

2. He bargained for the extra 5 years, played on the fans fears and loyality

Now, this 'moving the goal posts' surely that would be a breach of contract? Why hasn't he spoke out? Because that would probably be breaching the contract he signed? I don't know, I guess I'm going around in circles here. I think there are many un-answered questions, not asked out of loyalty?

I find it quite bizarre that despite being paid £5 Million a year for the privilege of managing our club, people can come out with comments such as 'Rafa can leave when he decides to leave'.

player form, at least to some extent, is the managers responsibility. it's his job to make sure they're fully motivated, confident and ready to kick ass on the pitch. recently heads have dropped and games have lost because players have been emotionally lacking. the fact that we're doing so badly this season with, as you argue the same players, means that rafa has to take at least some of the blame

What do you know? You follower of an asset stripped corporate shill c***buckets.

Crying a bit too late and all.

Hope your club dies.