Sign in to follow this  
Bromage

Next Podcast

Your choice on Rafa  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We will be recording the latest podcast on Monday evening and at this most critical time in our recent history, we welcome your input on the discussion. Firstly please cast your vote in the poll on Rafa and then post your comments in this thread.

Those options are a bit mental to be honest

I don't think he should leave now, but i also don't think we can afford to sack him

I don't know what will happen between now and the end of the season so i have no idea if we should sack him in the summer

The above even more so to him seeing out his contract

Panderin to the masses.

The right and only man for the job, can we have a poll on if we want to keep the owners as well seein as we are at it.

Am gettin pretty pissed off with all this witchhunt stuff.

Agree with Benzo but to be honest I would still even extend that to revaluating the following Summer.

Taking a step back, this is how I see it;

- Has a good track record prior to Liverpool

- Wins Champions League, not good in league

- Wins FA Cup, gets 81pts in the league

- Gets to Champions League Final, not good enough in league, gets significant investment in Torres, Babel, Benayoun, Mascherano, Skrtel

- Gets to Champions League SF, not good enough in league

- Gets to Champions League QF, challenges for league title, after significant investment at the start, his net spend is negligible under new owners

- This season, stinker !

After all that, I would not cast him off after a bad season especially as funds are drying up recently.

I don't think it's as black and as white as that to be honest Bromage.

I think there are many key areas to debate and unless everyone talks really fast I doubt you would be able to fit it in one whole podcast.

I voted to keep Rafa but ... I would have liked another option eg let's see how it goes and reassess Rafa's performance bearing in mind other influences on performance of our team. As we all know... results can change. Rafa hasn't suddenly become a bad manager but the owners' behaviour, credit crunch, luck, officials' decisions (beach ball ignorance, penalties not given etc), players form & injuries to key players, and so forth all have to be factored in .... for now. However, sentiment and loyalty aside results must improve!

Edited by jlfb

I would love Rafa to turn it around as I think he is totally committed to the club and, as others have said, he hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. I just hope he gets enough time, and backing from above, to get us back to winning ways. So he gets my vote to see out his contract. Good luck Rafa, you haven't had much of that recently.

I got your email thanks and came and voted.

Just a point though guys, your email (and thus this poll) seems as loaded as the tactics of the media you complain about (rightly) in the same email . It's hardly impartial or representative.

Edited by superledger

Every manager is always under review really. If it comes to a point where the board feel they are no longer the right man for the job then they will be sacked. Same for Rafa as any other manager.

I can't vote in that. I don't want him to leave but if we have an awful remainder of the season, he may have to.

No question in my mind that this season is largely the ownerships doing and not Rafa's. Rafa can't spend any more that what he brings in during the summer which automatically makes head drop amongst senior players. Then add to that the lack of form, the injuries, the 11 incorrect penalty decisions, the countless last minute goals against, etc and it's not been our season. Sure Rafa has to take responsibility for some it, as do the players but the majority of blame sits firmly on the shoulders of Hicks and Gillett.

Rafa continues to get bad press. We have had an injury crisis like no other this season.

We should all take heart from what has happened with Arsenal this season after last year when they had a season very much like ours this. It would be the right decision IMO to keep hold of one of the best Managers in the world, who is working so hard in difficult circumstances. He could have left us for Madrid at any stage over the last couple of years for more money and an endless transfer budget, he stuck by LFC!

The only proviso, as others have mentioned, is that he needs to show indications before the end of the season that next season won't be like this!

I agree with Softlad. Put simply, G&H were sold this club because we were being left behind by the new money that Chelsea had, the stadium Arsenal were building and the finances of Utd.

Quite simply, they have leached off our cashflow and reputation and not added anything.

Rafa has to work within an industry not just this club, he and we are in the same position as when Moores was here.

Actually, no wait, we have massive debt .................... are we even worse off ?

If we had decent custodians of this club we wouldnt be in this predicament now!

We would also be seeing all the improvements Rafa intends for this club.

No investment=No improvement not Rafa's fault.

KEEP Rafa get shot of the YANKS.

RAFA IS ONE OF US SUPPORT HIM.

The fact that we've a pair of completely s*** owners doesn't excuse the mistakes being regularly made on the pitch, nor the major transfer blunders like Keane and Aqualani (not in the sense of pre-judging him but in the sense of believing it was okay not to bother with an Alonso replacement fit and able to play for six months of a season). And there's others. Rafa may not have had the full support of the two owners, but he's been crap this season. He's put out teams of far higher quality than the opposition, in the cases of Portsmouth, Wolves and Reading, and not only been unable to deliver results but actually has contrived somehow to made those teams look better than us.

Having said all that, I've no idea who could step in at this stage and improve things so I'm not at all comfortable with the "must go now" option, but to suggest he is completely beyond reproach is pointless blindless.

Loaded poll, as several have already pointed out. If there was an option to keep the situation under annual review vs see out the entire contract it might change the result. I didn't vote as none of the options capture my opinion.

Edited by Crazy Horse

Rafa could have left when we were doing well and the owners were screwing him around but he stayed because he loves the club the least we can do is back him as the yanks continue to ruin our club!