By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

World Cup 2010 (merged threads)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was just a one-off hamstring injury, fair enough. But there's been now 4 times he's gone away with Spain and done it in. I don't think he's done it once with us. Now that's either massive bad luck on Spain's part, or something else. And you must be joking with "it could go at anytime" - surely you realise that it's not just a question of bad luck with hamstrings. The warmup, his regular exercises, what kind of training he'll be doing all factor in to whether you injure yourself or not. Rafa even asked to help design a fitness programme for him to use with Spain he was so worried about what they're doing with him.

done his hamstring 4 times with Spain? really?

done his hamstring 4 times with Spain? really?

I actually think he has. Could even be 5

This is just up to october 08

Rafael Benitez claims Liverpool need to work out how Fernando Torres has suffered three hamstring injuries while playing for Spain in the last 18 months.

The Anfield boss is furious his star striker has again suffered the same injury on international duty - something which has happened to him only once in a Liverpool shirt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1078589/Benitez-angry-Torres-suffered-hamstring-injury-Spain-duty.html#ixzz0tPZSsL45

go on......

incase you missed it on the previous page...

This is just up to october 08

Rafael Benitez claims Liverpool need to work out how Fernando Torres has suffered three hamstring injuries while playing for Spain in the last 18 months.

The Anfield boss is furious his star striker has again suffered the same injury on international duty - something which has happened to him only once in a Liverpool shirt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1078589/Benitez-angry-Torres-suffered-hamstring-injury-Spain-duty.html#ixzz0tPZSsL45

So happy Spain won it. Clearly the best team in the world.

And Webb is officially the worst ref in the world. Got more decisions wrong than he got right today.

The 0-0 result earned me a good 100 quid though, which means I'm up about £75 on the tournament. All in all, a good night.

That's what I thought. Did the commentators say anything? I assumed that's why the Dutch were so furious.

I think it came after a clear foul on Elia and then spain counter attacked.thats why the Dutch were furious.

I preffered Spain to win,but that Webb was favouring them big time,was disgusting.

Edited by oran

webb was s***. but that was a tough game to ref. both teams in their own ways were pretty cynical in their approach.

spain are obviously the most talented team in the world. don't think this is the best possible version of them though. pretty conservative in their approach given the attacking talent they have at their disposal. but worthy winners. suppose that's all that matters in the end.

14 yellow cards all in. Had Webb sent off van Bommel or de Jong perhaps the cynical fouls would have stopped. Thought the second yellow which resulted in red for Hettinga was hilarious given what those 2 got away with in the first half - should have been 2 straight reds.

Kuyt reckons web ruined the game and handed it to Spain by being one sided in Spains favour.

Great guy but quite clearly a mentalist.

Kuyt probably still remembers Webb for handing the premiership to united in 09

14 yellow cards all in. Had Webb sent off van Bommel or de Jong perhaps the cynical fouls would have stopped. Thought the second yellow which resulted in red for Hettinga was hilarious given what those 2 got away with in the first half - should have been 2 straight reds.

the de jong one was a red card. no excuses.

the rest, i don't know. the van persie tackle in the first minute might have been a yellow, but then i thought busquets made a huge meal of it, as usual. robben could have gone. van bommel might have. if he'd sent three or four off as he was entitled to have done, it would still have been seen as a mockery.

he was throwing yellows around pretty freely regardless. didn't stop any of the theatrics or below the belt stuff.

think there was a lot of bias in favour of spain in the commentary and analysis on bbc. highlighting van bommel's challenges, but no mention of puyol's equally cynical hack on robben. or any of the flagrant diving, rolling about and imaginary card waving.

Edited by george lees