By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Thread

New York Red

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like Jones but surely there's better strikers in world football we can get for £10 million!?

Better strikers with pace, height, a physical presence and used to the Premier League?

Edited by LicK

this is what terry said about kenwyne jones after the chelsea sunderland game last season:

He must have played really well for Terry to set aside his latent racism.

Good of you to make the time to join us.

Bilbao gonna try and sign San Jose now apparently, theres a clause for nearly 4m euros in the deal.

http://www.as.com/fu...asdasftb_54/Tes

Should pay off this months interest or whatever

I was under the impression that they have already signed him, looked really good on saturday, and he even had a go at Ronaldo for jumping on him

I was under the impression that they have already signed him, looked really good on saturday, and he even had a go at Ronaldo for jumping on him

He's very good when defending deep, but gets caught out a bit when they play a higher line. Good player though and will do very well in that league.

He's very good when defending deep, but gets caught out a bit when they play a higher line. Good player though and will do very well in that league.

He's better than Skrtel in his current form. Although so are the likes of Kelly and Ayala. Our luck we'll sell him to Bilbao for pittance who'll then sell him to Barca next year for £15m

Better strikers with pace, height, a physical presence and used to the Premier League?

Jo?

He's a player who relies heavily on service from wide areas and he rarely creates anything for himself. He's not prolific, nor does he create lots of chances for others. Waste of money, imo.

Thank you.....I was beginning to think I was alone.....right, but alone.

Now I'm sure this is intended to be funny.

as if there are any of them about

emile_heskey_630184.jpg

But I don't think this is...

Jo?

Jo? This is the slow, pushover, goalshy Brazilian over the park who decided to take Christmas off? Not some other Jo?

If we're talking about the same one then I'll have to disagree with you.

I'd be very surprised if players we sold under 22 did not have a sell on and buy back clause of some sort.

Also, am I the only one who thinks 10mil on Jones is a waste of Money? I would prefer we go for someone like turan or similar, ie a player who can provide creativity, and then we can recall Nemeth, use Ngog and Kuyt etc.

Now I'm sure this is intended to be funny.

But I don't think this is...

Jo? This is the slow, pushover, goalshy Brazilian over the park who decided to take Christmas off? Not some other Jo?

If we're talking about the same one then I'll have to disagree with you.

:) I was just trying to put Jones in his proper place! :)

Fathead has his say - says nothing about a permanent move though

“I think it’s massively disrespectful to even suggest we would consider sending Kenwyne out on loan," Bruce said. "You don’t loan out a player of his calibre. I don’t know where these ridiculous stories come from but there’s no way I’ll be loaning Kenwyne

Times

Most on there seem to think that £10m for him would be a bargain. Is he really that good? I've only seen him against us where he looked useful but £10m sounds like a lot of money. Especially since we don't really have any.

I think Rafa's jumping the shark if he pays £10m (that we don't have) for Jones but I thought Keane would be great so what do I know.

A player of his type seems to be the right idea.

When Torres is unavailable, we can use Jones as a target man for the likes of Gerrard, Benayoun, Riera, Rodriguez, Aquilani and Pacheco to play off.

When Torres is available, we have the option of using Jones as a more orthodox striking partner a la Anelka and Drogba at Chelsea.