Sign in to follow this  
cymrococh

Varied viewpoint

Not listened to the latest 2 podcasts yet, but it would be good to get an anti-rafa voice on for a debate. A significant part of our support have their doubts about him and this should be reflected IMO.

Not listened to the latest 2 podcasts yet, but it would be good to get an anti-rafa voice on for a debate. A significant part of our support have their doubts about him and this should be reflected IMO.

I agree

if it is done correctly

I agree, not because I'd like to hear an anti-Rafa opinion, and nor do I think it is a 'significant' part of our support either. But the the podcast is a bit of preaching to the choir, so I would like to hear some of the anti-Rafa arguments so they can be addressed, as I am tired of hearing the same old trite sh*te spewed when they don't stand up to even cursory inspection.

I am particularly fed up of the 'Rafa must take some of the blame for what has happened on the pitch' as though if Rafa was to leave he would be replaced with a infallible manager who never makes any mistakes, and whilst Rafa makes mistakes (specially as most of those mistakes are judged with hindsight, or because he hasn't played a player most of the whingers have never even seen much less have access to his medical notes) then the owners flaws should be overlooked.

Yeah, can't think of one on here that would do it justice. DH is not officially 'anti' is he?

I've suggested Wayne to provide a differing opinion. Or a different slant on it

Plus it reflects the fact that we, liverpool fc and we, ynwa.tv embrace minorities.

I've suggested Wayne to provide a differing opinion. Or a different slant on it

Plus it reflects the fact that we, liverpool fc and we, ynwa.tv embrace minorities.

How in God's name could Wayne be called a minority?

How in God's name could Wayne be called a minority?

In this country he is

In Northern Ireland he isn't

Wayne ticks most of the boxes. Very reasoned and a match-going, long time seasoned contributor to the site that most if not all recognise.

I say most of the boxes because I think he is critical of Rafa rather than Anti-Rafa.

I think it needs someone who actively wants Rafa sacked.

On this site how many are there?

No idea, I stopped counting in that thread after a while.

I'd give Kev or Ant a go to be honest, if the podcast is supposed to be associated with the site then they have led the most active debates on here on the subject.

No idea, I stopped counting in that thread after a while.

I'd give Kev or Ant a go to be honest, if the podcast is supposed to be associated with the site then they have led the most active debates on here on the subject.

Dont think it has to be someone associated with the site - its a bonus that Wayne is well known and deemed balanced. It could turn out to be a disaster if Peter lines up Sutty, Knox, Anny Rd or whoever and 5mins into the show you realise that you are dealing with someone thats a loose cannon and doesnt fit well on a podcast thats aiming for a reasonable debate.

Thats how I see the pitfall for someone thats not known.

Dont think it has to be someone associated with the site - its a bonus that Wayne is well known and deemed balanced. It could turn out to be a disaster if Peter lines up Sutty, Knox, Anny Rd or whoever and 5mins into the show you realise that you are dealing with someone thats a loose cannon and doesnt fit well on a podcast thats aiming for a reasonable debate.

you mean when I scream "OH JUST f*** OFF" dont you?

I don't actually understand what you're saying here.

As far as I know, Wayne doesn't want the manager to be sacked now. It would be interesting to hear from someone who does as I'm still yet to hear from a Liverpool fan who thinks that but I gather there are some out there.

I'd even like to hear from these people who think that Kuyt is pointless. That opinion is so alien to me, I want to hear the rationale.

I don't actually understand what you're saying here.

As far as I know, Wayne doesn't want the manager to be sacked now. It would be interesting to hear from someone who does as I'm still yet to hear from a Liverpool fan who thinks that but I gather there are some out there.

I'd even like to hear from these people who think that Kuyt is pointless. That opinion is so alien to me, I want to hear the rationale.

I'm not talking about a person's viewpoint rather their style of 'debating'. Wayne is known to the admin people and I would think he can deliver a good and reasoned argument on Rafa's approach i.e. too reliant on Torres and Gerrard for the system in that he hasnt a good decent 2nd option upfront because Torres plays the lone role when fit.

The pitfall is picking someone whom no one knows or has actually talked to and then realise that 5mins into the debate that this person can actually have a sensible debate 'on air'.

I'd imagine the reason Knox, Anny Rd and Sutty are on is because Bromage knows them to be reasonable lads and I think thats borne out in the podcasts.

My point is that it would be a disaster if an unknown came on and couldnt string 2 sentences together without calling Lucas a p£ick or something like that.

Sign in to follow this