Sign in to follow this  
R A Softlad

Another Red is born

Congratulations Phil! It is an amazing (and frightening) experience.

Me and the Mrs have been thinking about trying for another, but it is hard work for the girls. Congrats to Mrs Softy, I have the utmost respect for any woman who goes through childbirth these days having seen it first hand!

I'm stopping at two mate, one of each, more than enough to put the wife through.

I'm stopping at two mate, one of each, more than enough to put the wife through.

Yeah mate - one of each must be great. We are thinking of having three, hopefully two girls and a boy.

You don't know if you can have both girls and boys until it happens though - apparently the man dictates and you have the gene for just boys, just girls or both (which obviously you have). My mate's wife has just had his third boy.

My worry is if we end up having another 2 and they are all girls, my life won't be worth living when they hit teenage years!

Edited by Leo No.8

Does Mrs. Softy feel the same? I'm struggling with two and 6 months after our second arrived, Mrs. Snakebite is now openly talking about a third. :unsure:

Must be a week for this - a work mate has just had his second too after a son, now comes a daughter, 7lb 60z - also calling it Ruby! Not a red unfortunately, but a decent lad.

Congrats again Phil - you're right - two will do nicely I should think :)

You don't know if you can have both girls and boys until it happens though - apparently the man dictates and you have the gene for just boys, just girls or both (which obviously you have).

:detective:

Mrs Softy gave birth to our beautiful daughter, Ruby, on Thursday.

Mum and baby are now at home and both are very well.

Congratulations ! All the best to the family.

Is it your Mrs who has red hair ? Ruby should be an apt name if so.