By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

cautionary cashpoint tale

Molby

yes, be careful to always concentrate

I ordered £100 but my mind was elsewhere. I was wondering what we could do to Hicks and also if a boy would ever be born that could swim faster than a shark

so next thing I was back in my car with the cashpoint card but sans argent - fecking left it in the machine

the gap must have been less than a minute but when I went back the money was gone

But I have a cunning plan to retrieve the money and will of course keep you posted at all times 'cos you must be dying to know how the saga pans out

I ordered £100 but my mind was elsewhere. I was wondering what we could do to Hicks and also if a boy would ever be born that could swim faster than a shark

so next thing I was back in my car with the cashpoint card but sans argent - fecking left it in the machine

the gap must have been less than a minute but when I went back the money was gone

But I have a cunning plan to retrieve the money and will of course keep you posted at all times 'cos you must be dying to know how the saga pans out

Had a similar thing and people called me back. In London's criminal East End no less.

Were there people queuing behind you? If not then the machine probably sucked it back in.

Edited by Captain Sanil Crastow

A couple of years ago in the Barclays in Allerton I was going to the cashpoint when a car pulled up. Young girl driving 18-19 maybe and a lad about the same age. He gets in front of me (Fair enough, I'm not in a rush) and he (it seemed to me) worriedly put his details in - he seemed to be nervous about something (Unless it was having a fat git like me innocently waiting behind him). Anyway he finishes and rushes back to the car.

I went to the machine and there must have been at least a couple of hundred quid there. I grabbed it and went to the car before it shot off and the lad gave me a terrified look through the window. I knocked on the glass and he looked quite laughably fearful. I showed him the load of money and he wound his window down. I said "You've left all this in the machine, mate". He grabbed it - cue hysterial lambasting of the lad by his missus.

Went back to the machine and got my cash and headed off (To the sound of the card speeding away) - was quite weird.

Possbily not quite as weird as a few years back walking past it at 3am and finding a JCB parked in the middle of the road with loads of police around it and a crushed ATM machine! :)

Edited by Andy @ Allerton

thing is, I'd never done this before but I did it a month ago in Florence too, although this time someone came over with the money

I'm clearly entering some kind of fugue like state when in the presence of cashpoints

my plan is what Wayne suggested although I may substitute the bit about forgetting the cash with 'helping an old lady who had just fell down and when I got up the cash was gone'

at the old barclays in east finchley i went to the cash point and it was whirring away like a f***ed robot. anyways, i waited for about 30 seconds to calm down and £300, count them £300 quid came out. didn't even put my cash card in.

i did wink at the camera beside the screen though and went about my business in great spirits.

Did you know that a cash point is stocked with cash draws that contain 20 grand?

A lad I went to uni with stuck his card in the cash point to get out a tenner. Out comes 2 tenners. So he thinks - f***ing ace. I'll take out another tenner to see what happens. Out comes 2 tenners.

So he takes out 200. Out comes 400. Winner!

Until the bank's audit picked up what had happened and he was debited the full amount and charged for breaching his overdraft limit.

I've done this twice, £50 each time, at exactly the same cashpoint. And it's the only two times I've ever used that cashpoint.

Someone must have grabbed the cash.

Glad to hear that happened someone else. I did that a few weeks back, had to leg it back down the 'up' escalator. The next person in the queue just stood there, mouth gaping, looking at me. Never called me, the daft bitch. The money was still there though....which was nice.

Not sure if you can still do this but...

If you request, say, £60 - wait til the money comes out, reach into the wad still stuck in the jaws of the machine and carefully pull out a £20 note from the middle of the pile, let the machine suck the cash back in and your account will show nothing debited from your account. only tried this once (admittedly about 10years ago) but it worked.

Not sure if you can still do this but...

If you request, say, £60 - wait til the money comes out, reach into the wad still stuck in the jaws of the machine and carefully pull out a £20 note from the middle of the pile, let the machine suck the cash back in and your account will show nothing debited from your account. only tried this once (admittedly about 10years ago) but it worked.

why haven't you done it since? several times per day, come to that?