By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Connecting flights.

Superjay

If I've got a flight that arrives in JFK at noon and my connecting flight to Vegas isn't till 4 hours later is there anything stopping me leaving the airport, meeting my mate in Manhattan for a pint and coming back later to get my connection?

If I've got a flight that arrives in JFK at noon and my connecting flight to Vegas isn't till 4 hours later is there anything stopping me leaving the airport, meeting my mate in Manhattan for a pint and coming back later to get my connection?

Yes.

I don't think you can get through passport control for connecting flights.

And at JFK getting through immigration is a t***.

yes. The travel time into MH alone would make it near impossible.

But as Sutty says, I think you're meant to go off in another direction for a connecting flight and not go towards passport control. Even if you wanted to go out and come back again, passport control normally has a queue hundreds long and they interview and fingerprint everyone, so it takes for fecking ever.

You also have to remember to pick your luggage up at Kennedy, and drop it off again for the Vegas flight! (I'm pressuming you are flying from over 'ere to the US?).

So that with waiting to go through immigration, and changing terminals, will take plenty of time.

Edited by Benitez

I'd make sure to have about 3 hrs anyway. Especially at Kennedy. THE slowest immigration lines I've seen. Although having said that, you'll probably be through em in 15 mins :P

Dulles is miles worse than JFK.

For everything.

You'd have a job getting there and back in time.

Have the roads cleared for your motorcade would be my advice.

sorry to hijack this thread

but has anyone had any dealings with STA Travel? They offer pretty decent discounts to us lucky people who are under 26, i.e. more than 10% off virgin flights to new york.

not in the past decade no :D

But they are a huge company, probably a good one to deal with!

Which airline is usually cheapest to New York? I need to book a few in advance.

From where? From Manchester it's Continental that's cheapest usually. But Air France who code share with Delta have deals as well.

From London, not sure tbh, I try not to fly from there! But American Airlines have sales on sometimes. I got a good fare with them, flying from Manchester via Heathrow to JFK, and returning from Chicago direct to Manchester.

Kayak.co.uk is the best one to search out flights. If you find a good price, just book it :D