By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The sort of transfers you like

cymrococh

I don't watch that much football apart from us, so I tend to base my level of excitement when we sign a player on gut-feeling and whether or not they conform to one of the following categories:

1) Foreign youngsters - complete Championship manager-ism but I get very excited that we may have got ourselves an 'easter egg' player. The only player I can ever remember actually being like this is probably Anelka at Arsenal.

2) Players from obscure (in football terms) countries - Was made up when we signed Idrizaj, El Zhar, Sami, Mark Gonzalez (f*ck off Will) and all the Hungarians.

3) Young British players - just reminds me of the days of Rush etc when we were constantly breaking the transfer record for a teenager. Makes me really want to get James McCarthy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any transfer where the media haven't had a sniff of it beforehand, so that it's completely done and dusted the first you hear of it. like finding a movie that's really good which hasn't been reviewed and trailered to death before you get around to seeing it.

any transfer where the media haven't had a sniff of it beforehand, so that it's completely done and dusted the first you hear of it. like finding a movie that's really good which hasn't been reviewed and trailered to death before you get around to seeing it.

I'll add to that - also in the knowledge that we've pulled one out of the bag on our rivals - Torres & Masch fall into that category. You know they all wanted them, just hadn't made the move & our being fleet-of-foot got us in there.

I like Gudjohnsen, but i suppose that's for another thread.

I get very excited by the prospect of signing opinionated Cannock doggers.

gudjohnsen is a clumsy lumpen leadfooted albino f*cknut. even in his prime at chelsea he wasn't good enough for our squad now.

I don't watch that much football apart from us, so I tend to base my level of excitement when we sign a player on gut-feeling and whether or not they conform to one of the following categories:

1) Foreign youngsters - complete Championship manager-ism but I get very excited that we may have got ourselves an 'easter egg' player. The only player I can ever remember actually being like this is probably Anelka at Arsenal.

Toure, Palacios (or however you spell it). Zaki maybe? Actually, we could be due one of these.