By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

UEFA can/can't guarantee Hillsborough request

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

FFS. It's not that difficult to do

Uefa today refused to rule out the possibility of Liverpool having to play a Champions League tie on 15 April — the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

The Merseyside club asked Uefa earlier this week if the second leg of their quarter-final — should they progress past Real Madrid in the clubs' last-16 tie — could be brought forward from its currently scheduled date by 24 hours.

Liverpool traditionally hold a memorial service, which is attended by players and staff, at Anfield on the 15th to commemorate the 96 supporters who died as a result of the events at Hillsborough during the 1989 FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.

"We have received a request [from Liverpool] and we will try our best to accommodate it," a Uefa spokesperson said. "But we cannot guarantee at this stage that we will be able to."

FFS. It's not that difficult to do

"We have received a request [from Liverpool] and we will try our best to accommodate it," a Uefa spokesperson said. "But we cannot guarantee at this stage that we will be able to."

t***s. It you can or you can't. Doing your best means you will be able to. They only care about their money.

For god's sake why don't we just wait to see what they actually decide when it actually happens before going off on one. I read into it that they will probably agree to it but wont create a precedent unless they have to. The rest of the world does not revolve around this club nor should we expect it to. If the date is selected then we should refuse to play and create the problem for them but as it stands lets cut them some slack eh. After all it was a UEFA dispensation which allowed us to enter as the fifth english side a couple of years back so lets not get on that high horse yet

or am I being too sensible

Edited by Archangel

For god's sake why don't we just wait to see what they actually decide when it actually happens before going off on one. I read into it that they will probably agree to it but wont create a precedent unless they have to. The rest of the world does not revolve around this club nor should we expect it to. If the date is selected then we should refuse to play and create the problem for them but as it stands lets cut them some slack eh. After all it was a UEFA dispensation which allowed us to enter as the fifth english side a couple of years back so lets not get on that high horse yet

because yesterday they were saying that it'd be ok.

And, no, the world does not revolve around the club; but is requesting that we not play a game on the 20th anniversary of one of the World's worst sporting disasters really that much?

There is a 'draw' procedure isnt there to see who plays when ?

UEFA will need the permission of the clubs involved to switch ties. I'm sure if one team refused then UEFA can over rule but I imagine they want to see

1) that we progress

2) other clubs agree to request

They are a cautious bunch of feckers so I am not surprised to see them sit on the fence when its still up in the air. They'll go the diplomatic route first before ensuring to Liverpool that they will railroad teams despite Liverpool not being there yet.

I cant see us playing that day if we get there

I would love us to get through and they refuse to move the match.

We could then get maximum publicity for the justice campaign, get masses of media coverage, and take a stand against the way football is so money orientated by refusing to play.

Can you imagine it if the club had the balls to turn round and release a public statement saying that they have requested the match be moved, and if it isn't then we will not turn up, and will accept any sanctions UEFA took as some things are more important than money.

Really put the ball in their court, and get loads of publicity for the justice cause.

Bring them on!!

(And if the club did play on April 15th then whatever the League game prior to that is would probably be my last ever Liverpool match - certainly for a number of years at least)

I've said similar for a while, NR. Certainly for midweek evening games - and absolutely not for 3pm weekend games.

But my opinion counts for nowt on it; the only opinions that should matter are those of the families.

PS: I also quite like the idea of not turning up. The problem is the inevitable ban and losing £££m at a time when we can least afford it.

I've said similar for a while, NR. Certainly for midweek evening games - and absolutely not for 3pm weekend games.

But my opinion counts for nowt on it; the only opinions that should matter are those of the families.

PS: I also quite like the idea of not turning up. The problem is the inevitable ban and losing £££m at a time when we can least afford it.

I would hope that the club is already talking with the families.

As for not turning up, the club might find themselves in a terrible situation.

besides, it's not like the draws for these competitions can't be "arranged" !!

I guess they are hoping we get drawn to play on the other day and that they don't have to do anything

If we don't then they might ask for a team to swap with us. If they refuse then.....

i think they're hoping madrid knock us out so they don't have to do anything. keep an eye on that ref in the bernabeu.

For a fleeting moment I thought that as well, but then thought that actually, this is just too important to not put a marker down on it now.

No harm in making clear the strength of feeling that there is on this so while yes, this was inevitably (and understandably in many ways) going to be their response, there is still something to be said for keeping up the pressure a bit.

Herbert f***** Fandel..

I'll never forget that c**t.

No way, is he the ref. I will always remember his as the ref that blew the whistle 30secs too early in the CL final of 2007 when Milan may have been jittery after Kuyt's goal. Just one chance I wanted to have the ball lobbed into the box as Crouch was on ........... and he blows it !!

No way, is he the ref. I will always remember his as the ref that blew the whistle 30secs too early in the CL final of 2007 when Milan may have been jittery after Kuyt's goal. Just one chance I wanted to have the ball lobbed into the box as Crouch was on ........... and he blows it !!

Gerrard had a shot from outside the box at 2-1 where he belted it and I thought 'f***, he's done it again'. But it was blocked.

Edited by psl