tonight's movie choice. . .

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Just watched Rogue One again. It’s absolutely brilliant. 

Too busy wa....

Bit of nostalgia - Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black. Lord knows why I was scared shedless by that doll the first time I saw it, but was fun watching it again.

Also watched Sinister again with Ethan Hawke. Good horror with plenty of gratuitous scarey jumps.

Edited by Red
13 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

Prince of Darkness (the John Carpenter one, something about it just freaks me out), Event Horizon and Day of the Dead.

I'm going to check out PoD now, ta. Also there's a final film in Carpenter's "Apocalypse Trilogy" apparently.

Just remembered Rosemary's Baby and The Omen.

31 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I'm going to check out PoD now, ta. Also there's a final film in Carpenter's "Apocalypse Trilogy" apparently.

In the Mouth of Madnesss, Sam Neill is in it. Not bad but not in The Thing's league.

Watched The Prestige for the first time, but my biggest issue is I just can’t take to films in which I dislike all the characters. Which I did.

Also tried to watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and turned it off after 20 minutes, I hated it. It wasn’t even worth sticking round for Margot.

Just now, Leo No.8 said:

Watched The Prestige for the first time, but my biggest issue is I just can’t take to films in which I dislike all the characters. Which I did.

You disliked Michael Caine's character? 

10 minutes ago, Hassony said:

You disliked Michael Caine's character? 

I didn’t dislike him but he was relatively peripheral and I disliked all of Bale, Jackman and Johansson (even though they acted their parts well). I thought it was a good film, well made and acted - I just didn’t really enjoy it. I suppose some films are like that.  

Edited by Leo No.8
1 hour ago, Bailo said:

Just remembered Rosemary's Baby and The Omen.

Anything with the devil involved gets me s***ted up.

16 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Years ago, I watched a film with my older brothers in which there’s a scene where a group of kids stage a bloody massacre using home-made special effects. It involved a severed tongue and a hand walking on it’s own. Scared the sh*t out of me - I hated gore. 

In my head it’s got the blonde lad from Weird Science in but I may have conflated that with all the films i watched with my brothers in the 80’s and 90’s. 

Any ideas? 

Sounds familiar. I'll have a think 

6 hours ago, Benzo-13 said:

Anything with the devil involved gets me s***ted up.

South Park the Movie got me too. 

Good example of that was an episode of Quantum Leap where Sam jumped into a place where he met the devil who said "Who gave you the right to go jumping around time putting right all I had made wrong?" Was proper chilling. 

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

South Park the Movie got me too. 

Good example of that was an episode of Quantum Leap where Sam jumped into a place where he met the devil who said "Who gave you the right to go jumping around time putting right all I had made wrong?" Was proper chilling. 

The final episode IIRC. Was a real dark turn. When Al wasn’t Al.

1 hour ago, RedSalmon said:

Wolf Creek. I had no idea what I was watching when I flicked channels to it.

But Irréversible .... f***ing hell.

I normally enjoy watching films multiple times, but Wolf Creek I've only seen once, disturbing film.

Isolating so watching lots of films.

The Gentlemen - Richie’s usual format but enjoyed it. 

Borat 2 - loved it. The fertility dance scene will have you hiding behind the couch cringing! The girl who plays the daughter steals the show.

Edited by Leo No.8