tonight's movie choice. . .

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Teen Wolf. Still sublime. 

Did you watch Up and Downfall first? Wouldn't really make sense unless you had the whole series.

Watched Goodfellas again for the umpteenth time. What a masterpiece. Ridiculously rewatchable.

One bit confuses me though.

Spoiler

Jimmy decides to kill Morrie, and they're all playing cards and listening to Tommy tell a story. Everyone is having a good time so Jimmy tells Henry to forget about it. Henry's narration says Morrie didn't know how close he was to getting whacked that night. But then the next scene Morrie gets killed, and he's wearing the same clothes he had at the card table and they all seem kinda drunk so it seems it's the same night. Even if Jimmy changed his mind again, would Henry's narration not mention it?

May as well put it in a spoiler in case someone somehow hasn't watched it yet.

Edited by Swipe
9 hours ago, Swipe said:

Watched Goodfellas again for the umpteenth time. What a masterpiece. Ridiculously rewatchable.

Hide spoiler

Jimmy decides to kill Morrie, and they're all playing cards and listening to Tommy tell a story. Everyone is having a good time so Jimmy tells Henry to forget about it. Henry's narration says Morrie didn't know how close he was to getting whacked that night. But then the next scene Morrie gets killed, and he's wearing the same clothes he had at the card table and they all seem kinda drunk so it seems it's the same night. Even if Jimmy changed his mind again, would Henry's narration not mention it?

It’s a SIMILAR night 

and Morrie only has two or three jackets as he squanders his wealth 

Edited by Molby
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Swipe said:

Hide spoiler

There was also a scene showing a plane flying at JFK. It was a 747. They didn’t take to the air until after the time it was portraying.

There’s a shot of an airline ticket and they didn’t get permission from, I think, American Airlines. They didn’t want people to associate them with drug deals so refused permission so Marty (Martin Scorsese) had to put a black box over the ticket.

Also, they weren’t the real characters in the movie, they were played by actors.

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Also, they weren’t the real characters in the movie, they were played by actors.

The actor who played the waiter who got shot in the foot later joined the Soprano crime family and sadly got addicted to very strong drugs, possibly as a result of the foot injury.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, guernseygareth said:

Enola Holmes thing. It's so woke some gammon-esque will no doubt whinge as if a fictional story which is not aimed at them can't be a bit of fun fluff for a Friday night.

I watched that with my daughters and they loved it.  Millie Bobby Brown is great, a really good actor.

17 hours ago, Tommok said:

Watched Groundhog Day again last night - still brilliant and a lovely uplifting diversion from all the grim news.

I've been seeking out through Netflix, Prime etc as many of what used to be my old favourite films, especially from the 90s. With that being of course the best decade for films in Hollywood history 

I think Groundhog Day held up better than almost any. Its near flawless in terms of what it tries to do 

2 hours ago, McBain said:

I've been seeking out through Netflix, Prime etc as many of what used to be my old favourite films, especially from the 90s. With that being of course the best decade for films in Hollywood history 

I think Groundhog Day held up better than almost any. Its near flawless in terms of what it tries to do 

Think we need a list of your fave films from the 90s

Watched Social Dilemma last night 

Thought it could have been 10 mins long. Seemed to be the same points repeated by different people over and over with some unnecessary fluff in between. Was expecting it to be a huge eye opener but didn't reveal anything I didn't already know.