Jump to content

tonight's movie choice. . .


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Teen Wolf. Still sublime. 

Did you watch Up and Downfall first? Wouldn't really make sense unless you had the whole series.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. One of the worst movies I’ve seen in ages. Genuinely moronic.

Jason Mewes gives one of the least-s*** performances which says it all. 
 

Kevin Smith’s reverence for his own movies is incredible. He should have retired after Clerks.

Edited by Swipe
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. One of the worst movies I’ve seen in ages. Genuinely moronic.

Jason Mewes gives one of the least-s*** performances which says it all. 
 

Kevin Smith’s reverence for his own movies is incredible. He should have retired after Clerks.

I think I enjoyed Dogma and Mallrats. Everything else is over-confident goth territory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love Clerks. Might be top 10 for me. Blew me away when I first watched it on sky. And I enjoyed a few of the other early ones like mallrats and chasing amy. But the rest is guff imo. And seems to be getting worse with each film. 
 

Can’t believe how had his writing is now. And his one, wide-eyed facial expression drives me mad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

I enjoyed Chasing Amy.

I liked his podcasts and his Q+A/Stand-up stuff, but since he's started smoking weed he's become very unlikeable.

In what ways do you think that? I enjoy the Fatman Beyond stuff and Marc Bernardin is pretty likeable. But Kevin Smith isn't a good filmmaker. I like Dogma and Chasing Amy but that's probably it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair I haven't listened to them for a while, I just found his constant weed evangelism tedious and I think he's got lost up his own a*** due to the loyalty of a lot of his fans. The fact he's got a guaranteed audience has given him a confidence in his own skills that obviously isn't justified. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

To be fair I haven't listened to them for a while, I just found his constant weed evangelism tedious and I think he's got lost up his own a*** due to the loyalty of a lot of his fans. The fact he's got a guaranteed audience has given him a confidence in his own skills that obviously isn't justified. 

Yeah he has that annoying habit Bill Maher has too of reminding you once every half an hour that they smoke joints. Well done chaps, kudos.

I like his enthusiasm as a fanboy but he is getting a bit into repeating the same anecdotes over and over now. Maybe that's the weed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be really struggling to find any films that pique my interest on Netflix and Prime currently. The less well known stuff that is top drawer such as Fish Tank,  Leave No Trace, Winter's Bone etc. I've seen and really enjoyed but everything else just looks too familiar or just meh... is there anything else worth bothering with that isn't in the "really obvious big name movies" category? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

I seem to be really struggling to find any films that pique my interest on Netflix and Prime currently. The less well known stuff that is top drawer such as Fish Tank,  Leave No Trace, Winter's Bone etc. I've seen and really enjoyed but everything else just looks too familiar or just meh... is there anything else worth bothering with that isn't in the "really obvious big name movies" category? 

Netflix has been criticised for removing lots of older movies and putting only stuff from 2010 onwards on there. I never see much I want to watch on there and it's making me wonder if it's worth the subscription. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charlie clown said:

I seem to be really struggling to find any films that pique my interest on Netflix and Prime currently. The less well known stuff that is top drawer such as Fish Tank,  Leave No Trace, Winter's Bone etc. I've seen and really enjoyed but everything else just looks too familiar or just meh... is there anything else worth bothering with that isn't in the "really obvious big name movies" category? 

The frustrating thing with Prime is that there's actually quite a lot of good indy films on there but they're on additional subscription channels that aren't free with Prime - like Sundance etc. You can usually get a free trial with them tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" last night (which isn't nearly as funny, cool or clever as I'd remembered) and realised that there isn't a single film ever made that would not be enhanced by Willam Sadler's 'Grim Reaper'.

Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Godfather, Jaws, Star Wars, Titanic, Green Mile, Pulp Fiction, Gladiator, Harry Potter, Shawshank, Raiders, Fight Club, Black Swan etc would all be improved with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...