tonight's movie choice. . .

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Teen Wolf. Still sublime. 

Did you watch Up and Downfall first? Wouldn't really make sense unless you had the whole series.

OK cheers, must be a little uncomfortable for a long film.

I'm guessing in practice people have their masks lowered much of the time as they're (noisily) shovelling popcorn, crisps etc into their mouths

yeah it is bizarre really.

there was hardly anybody in the cinema (Picturehouse at Fact in Liverpool) so social distancing wasn't an issue.

But after the best part of 3 hours, I was made up to get the mask off.

that was just a flimsy mask, how NHS staff do 12 hour shifts in proper PPE is beyond me.

Yeah we initially had some properly thick masks and they were unbelievably hot even after a quick scoot round the local shop.

We've got some thinner ones now but even they're pretty hot after a while and I struggle with the getting a good seal round the nose so often my glasses steam up ;)

As you say how NHS workers cope especially when they're moving around and exerting themselves.

I'm tempted by a trip to the cinema but maybe not just yet.

Think there was one swear word in there Leo. Also it’s a head wrecker. I’m not sure young kids would enjoy it. 

watched it at the plaza in Crosby. No masks. Socially distanced but it was dead in there. Real shame. Think they may go the way of Woolton picture house 

Edited by Raj
1 hour ago, Leo No.8 said:

Wearing a mask when not eating in the cinema (which is the rules) is like 5% of the time!

In my previous life of cinema going I'd usually polished off all the snacks bought from the nearby shop well before the bbfc notice came on

5% is well over 

3 hours ago, pipnasty said:

Solaris (1972)

Decent rom-com, doesn't take itself too seriously, plenty of smiles and a few big belly laughs - recommended!!!!

Feel-good central that. Almost as funny as the follow-up,  Stalker.

Edited by charlie clown
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Inspired by this thread introduced my kids to Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. Think it was a hit although i'm not sure it's aged that well. Intrigued by the new one.

Hmm. It might be the most COVID movie imaginable. As in I was excited to have something, anything, new but it turned out to be rather meh. And perhaps Bill and Ted were of their time, phone booths notwithstanding. 

I haven't seen Tenet yet however. 

We had a weekend of lazy Netflix film-watching.

Friday we had Official Secrets - all-star cast and Keira Knightly playing against type in a watchable but generally quite plodding film about the legal case for the Iraq War.

Saturday was The Judge - Downey Jr., Robert Duvall, Famiga - never seems to really make up it's mind what it is, legal drama, family saga, rom-com etc.  and trying to tick all the boxes ends up being way too long. There's a half decent film in there but it needs a big edit to put it right.

A right old pair of 6/10s if ever I saw one.

Tenet 

Not my favourite Nolan movie, and I gave up trying to understand the science/logic behind what was happening half way through, still entertaining, and I fully plan on re watching it again at some stage

Some of the set pieces in the movie were stunning, as you'd expect from Nolan.

Spoiler

Very difficult to follow the final battle scene, had no idea what the red/blue team were doing and who was who

I did start to think that Neil might be Max half way through the film, not sure if that actually works within the mechanics of the film though

On 17/08/2020 at 10:09, Stevie H said:

Does give rise to a great film quiz question though. Only actor to have been killed by the Alien, Predator and Terminator.

Does Lance Henriksen count too? He was torn in half in Aliens and technically shuts down in Alien 3 as a result of it.

5 hours ago, Hassony said:

Tenet 

Not my favourite Nolan movie, and I gave up trying to understand the science/logic behind what was happening half way through, still entertaining, and I fully plan on re watching it again at some stage

Some of the set pieces in the movie were stunning, as you'd expect from Nolan.

Hide spoiler

Very difficult to follow the final battle scene, had no idea what the red/blue team were doing and who was who

I did start to think that Neil might be Max half way through the film, not sure if that actually works within the mechanics of the film though

Yeah, I just got in now from seeing this and really do not know what to think, will defo need a rewatch or two, its all a bit stupid to be honest but I love his films