Jump to content

tonight's movie choice. . .


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I’d like to see John McClane try and quip his way out of a dust-up with a Xenomorph. 

Ha ha. 

But, still... not one of those nutters in Aliens can act or deliver a line like 

" You wanted miracles, Theo? I give you the F... B...I" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Teen Wolf. Still sublime. 

Did you watch Up and Downfall first? Wouldn't really make sense unless you had the whole series.

42 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Ha ha. 

But, still... not one of those nutters in Aliens can act or deliver a line like 

" You wanted miracles, Theo? I give you the F... B...I" 

 

No, true. I do love Die Hard (and Die Hard With a Vengeance) but I really enjoy a bit of space horror.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2020 at 12:27, Stanley Leisure said:

No, true. I do love Die Hard (and Die Hard With a Vengeance) but I really enjoy a bit of space horror.

Speaking of which I watched Event Horizon tonight and it's still terrifying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Speaking of which I watched Event Horizon tonight and it's still terrifying. 

I went to see that at the Cinema, not really knowing what it was about and came out completely traumatised. 

It’s a horrible film. Fun, like. 

Edited by Stanley Leisure
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Speaking of which I watched Event Horizon tonight and it's still terrifying. 

One of the most underrated movies that. Brilliant space horror with some real what the f*** moments in it. 

Have you seen Danny Boyle's Sunshine?that's another underrated one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I went to see that at the Cinema, not really knowing what it was about and came out completely traumatised. 

It’s a horrible film. Fun, like. 

It was absolutely pilloried by the reviewers when it came out. Load of 1 star or no star reviews.

I thought it was good and never understood why it got such savage notices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stevie H said:

One of the most underrated movies that. Brilliant space horror with some real what the f*** moments in it. 

Have you seen Danny Boyle's Sunshine?that's another underrated one. 

Yeah, it's great isn't it. Event Horizon was rushed out to replace Titanic when that was delayed and Paramount/Fox messed around with the editing. Loads of extra footage was dropped into a Transylvanian salt mine (seriously) and ruined. And Paramount/Fox thought they were getting a Star Trek style thriller.

Sunshine is fantastic too - remember buying the soundtrack in an Andy's Records sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I went to see that at the Cinema, not really knowing what it was about and came out completely traumatised. 

It’s a horrible film. Fun, like. 

Yeah I saw it at the cinema and thought it was properly scary and really well done.

Couldn't quite get my head round the slating it got.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tenet. Absolute nonsense. Woeful dialogue. Terrible exposition. However, I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near Nolan’s best. Ken Branagh looked like he had a great time. His Russian oligarch baddie is marvellously over the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cunny said:

Tenet. Absolute nonsense. Woeful dialogue. Terrible exposition. However, I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near Nolan’s best. Ken Branagh looked like he had a great time. His Russian oligarch baddie is marvellously over the top.

Would the kids be ok to go to this would you say? They are nearly 10 and 12.

On 26/08/2020 at 22:35, Stanley Leisure said:

I went to see that at the Cinema, not really knowing what it was about and came out completely traumatised. 

It’s a horrible film. Fun, like. 

Yeah it left me with a lingering feeling of angst that one - it is horrible isn’t it? But obviously good at what it’s intended to do! It’s kind of unsettling.

Edited by Leo No.8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...