tonight's movie choice. . .

12 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I’d like to see John McClane try and quip his way out of a dust-up with a Xenomorph. 

Ha ha. 

But, still... not one of those nutters in Aliens can act or deliver a line like 

" You wanted miracles, Theo? I give you the F... B...I" 

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Teen Wolf. Still sublime. 

Did you watch Up and Downfall first? Wouldn't really make sense unless you had the whole series.

42 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Ha ha. 

But, still... not one of those nutters in Aliens can act or deliver a line like 

" You wanted miracles, Theo? I give you the F... B...I" 

No, true. I do love Die Hard (and Die Hard With a Vengeance) but I really enjoy a bit of space horror.

On 24/08/2020 at 12:27, Stanley Leisure said:

No, true. I do love Die Hard (and Die Hard With a Vengeance) but I really enjoy a bit of space horror.

Speaking of which I watched Event Horizon tonight and it's still terrifying. 

31 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I went to see that at the Cinema, not really knowing what it was about and came out completely traumatised. 

It’s a horrible film. Fun, like. 

Edited by Stanley Leisure
36 minutes ago, Bailo said:

One of the most underrated movies that. Brilliant space horror with some real what the f*** moments in it. 

Have you seen Danny Boyle's Sunshine?that's another underrated one. 

2 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I went to see that at the Cinema, not really knowing what it was about and came out completely traumatised. 

It was absolutely pilloried by the reviewers when it came out. Load of 1 star or no star reviews.

I thought it was good and never understood why it got such savage notices.

7 hours ago, Stevie H said:

One of the most underrated movies that. Brilliant space horror with some real what the f*** moments in it. 

Have you seen Danny Boyle's Sunshine?that's another underrated one. 

Yeah, it's great isn't it. Event Horizon was rushed out to replace Titanic when that was delayed and Paramount/Fox messed around with the editing. Loads of extra footage was dropped into a Transylvanian salt mine (seriously) and ruined. And Paramount/Fox thought they were getting a Star Trek style thriller.

Sunshine is fantastic too - remember buying the soundtrack in an Andy's Records sale.

14 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Yeah I saw it at the cinema and thought it was properly scary and really well done.

Couldn't quite get my head round the slating it got.

Tenet. Absolute nonsense. Woeful dialogue. Terrible exposition. However, I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near Nolan’s best. Ken Branagh looked like he had a great time. His Russian oligarch baddie is marvellously over the top.

2 hours ago, Cunny said:

Tenet. Absolute nonsense. Woeful dialogue. Terrible exposition. However, I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near Nolan’s best. Ken Branagh looked like he had a great time. His Russian oligarch baddie is marvellously over the top.

Would the kids be ok to go to this would you say? They are nearly 10 and 12.

On 26/08/2020 at 22:35, Stanley Leisure said:

Yeah it left me with a lingering feeling of angst that one - it is horrible isn’t it? But obviously good at what it’s intended to do! It’s kind of unsettling.

Edited by Leo No.8