tonight's movie choice. . .

19 hours ago, Ostrich Man said:

I cant remember to be fair, i didnt feel like stabbing someone after so theres that..

It's the finale which f***s me off - nice little film until that point.

Like our CL campaign of 17/18.

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me about it, and now we have it on this forum, not getting likes and laughing smileys for a post can really hurt someone's self esteem 

Teen Wolf. Still sublime. 

Did you watch Up and Downfall first? Wouldn't really make sense unless you had the whole series.

Rattlesnake - Netflix exclusive... Utter s***e

Friday - Great film.. Never seen it before and finally got round to it 

E. T. - Classic... My youngest had never seen it. He loved it. I am amazed that this hasn't had some s***ty unnecessary remake made of it 

Edited by Barnesy_10
On 29/03/2020 at 12:53, Stevie H said:

It does mask your IP address Rory, that's right. In Cyberghost there's a bunch of options on the left-hand side, one of which is "For torrenting." So pick one from that list and it should then say "Connected" and show a little flag for the place your IP is coming from.

Then for films I'd recommend yts.ag and thepiratebay.asia which both work well for me. For TV shows, try eztv.ag. But remember to fully exit uTorrent when your VPN isn't switched on. Just clicking the top right X only closes it, you need to go into File/exit in the top bar menu to exit completely.

I probably told you already that I bought this, it starts up automatically and looks for the best server. I dont take notice of it to be honest until I want to download something but every now and again when I'm in Twitter, I get the notifications of "Trending in Finland" , "Trending in Cyprus" and it baffles me for a second until I remember I have CyberGhost switched on.

Have a good trip - adventures in psychedelics on netflix

Some famous people talk about their tripping experiences - some amusung bits

Some scientists and psychologists say we should look into it more 

A  achingly unfunny pastiche video runs through out it with a video from the 80s called bad trip fast forward these bits theyre painful. 

Only watch if youve reakly nothing better to do. 

11 hours ago, Benzo-13 said:

Watched Da 5 Bloods. Very good.

Yeah I enjoyed it. 

It was a bit all over the place but I quite liked that about it. 

Great cast and it's always fun to hear Isiah Whitlock Jr. say "shiiiiiiiit" 

20 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Yeah I enjoyed it. 

It was a bit all over the place but I quite liked that about it. 

Great cast and it's always fun to hear Isiah Whitlock Jr. say "shiiiiiiiit" 

Definitely. Also, liked the 'we dont need no stinking badges'

Another Da 5 Bloods watcher here. Really enjoyed it. It was a wise decision to not go down the CGI route for the facial stuff with the flashback scenes. Worked a lot better than The Irishman did from that point of view I thought. Despite it being a bit all over the place in some respects I liked the jump editing of the historical footage etc. And Clarke Peters... ace as usual.

Edited by charlie clown

Da 5 Bloods was alright. About 45 minutes too long like and almost felt like two movies spliced together. Delroy Lindo was great to watch, Clarke Peters was good. Not a patch on Lee's Blackkklansman but not bad.

Rewatched the Dark knight trilogy over the past week, my daughter was watching them for the first time 

Still brilliant, and still the coolest super hero 

• Like 2

Watching Ghostbusters again. For anyone that hasn’t seen it, it’s a pure romp.

I always thought the scene when Ray gets oral sex from a ghost was weird. Only noticing now he’s dreaming it. No idea how I never noticed that before. 

Edited by Swipe
4 hours ago, Swipe said:

I always thought the scene when Ray gets oral sex from a ghost was weird. Only noticing now he’s dreaming it. No idea how I never noticed that before. 

I’ve said it before on here but the line: ‘Yes sir, it’s true. This man has no dick‘ is a masterpiece. 

On 15/06/2020 at 15:18, charlie clown said:

Another Da 5 Bloods watcher here. Really enjoyed it. It was a wise decision to not go down the CGI route for the facial stuff with the flashback scenes. Worked a lot better than The Irishman did from that point of view I thought. Despite it being a bit all over the place in some respects I liked the jump editing of the historical footage etc. And Clarke Peters... ace as usual.

Switched it off after 45 minutes. It’s one of the biggest piles of crap I’ve seen in years. 
It’s all over the place. It’s like the earliest cut of a movie with place holder music and dialogue before an editor bangs it into shape and gives it focus. Unwatchable rubbish.  

On 15/06/2020 at 16:25, Stevie H said:

Da 5 Bloods was alright. About 45 minutes too long like and almost felt like two movies spliced together. Delroy Lindo was great to watch, Clarke Peters was good. Not a patch on Lee's Blackkklansman but not bad.

Alright is being very kind. The first chopper visit call back to Vietnam had me pause the tv wondering where the weird music was coming from as it was so jarring. 
Could  they not have found 4 other actors to play their half century younger selves? “I know I’m 68 but let’s pretend I’m 18” No idea why this  his annoyed me so much. I thought it was a Christopher guest piss take at one stage. 

On 16/06/2020 at 20:25, Swipe said:

This is, for me, one of the funniest scenes in a movie ever:

• Like 1

Reading Wild and Crazy guys atm. About all those huge comedy stars from the 70s and 80s, particularly the SNL crowd.

Didn’t realise Bill Murray took four years off after  Ghostbusters. Was a bit overwhelmed by the mania over it. Turned down everything and went to study in Paris. His only role before his comeback in Scrooged was with one of the greatest cameos of all time in Little Shop of Horrors. 

Edited by Swipe
21 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Was a bit overwhelmed by the mania over it.

It had a bit more to do with the film he worked on (co-wrote/acted) prior to Ghostbusters ("The Razor's Edge") flopping when it was released after Ghostbusters - he had agreed to do Ghostbusters in exchange for financing of that film.

It was both really. He was exhausted by suddenly being a huge star as well. Says it was like being in the Beatles for a bit. 

That’s how Ackroyd got him to commit. Told him to use Ghostbusters to get the indie film he wanted to make greenlit. 

Best throwaway line in the book so far is Belushi being so drunk at Chevy Chase’s wedding that he got off with Chevy’s mum. 

• Haha 1

Watched Frank last night. Still not sure if it was a pretentious load of owd s***e or merely watchable. I knew it wasn't a Frank Sidebottom biog but I wasn't really sure what it was so I had no expectations. Started off like a typical sceond rate Brit.comedy but then didn't seem to be all that sure what it was trying to do after that. Some good moments in it though. A genuine Gennie 6/10 if I ever saw one. 

24 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

We’re watching Cats this evening. It’s every bit as bad as the hype suggested. Strangely compelling, though. 

Is it like a stage thing or done as a movie?

Just now, muleskinner said:

Is it like a stage thing or done as a movie?

It’s done as a movie. 

The stage show is utter nonsense, saw it years ago - of all the Lloyd Webber musicals it makes the least sense as a film but it’s not helped by the fact that it’s so badly executed. 

For eg, the cgi on their ears and fur often makes their heads look disembodied. It’s hilariously sh*te. 

Just now, Stanley Leisure said:

It’s done as a movie. 

The stage show is utter nonsense, saw it years ago - of all the Lloyd Webber musicals it makes the least sense as a film but it’s not helped by the fact that it’s so badly executed. 

For eg, the cgi on their ears and fur often makes their heads look disembodied. It’s hilariously sh*te. 

I'm gonna have to see this.