Stevie H

tonight's movie choice. . .

Watched 'The Box' tonight 

Cameron Diaz and her husband get given a box with a button on it and a decision to make 

The score was a bit jarring as was the overuse of the bloom/dream effect. But interesting film 

On 05/04/2020 at 19:51, Jarg Armani said:

Bedknobs & Broomsticks, enjoyed it

Cocoon, bit weird really. Made me think about those suicide cults in the 80’s when they thought they were getting on a spaceship 

There's a movie called Bridgend. Which is about an generation of teenagers from the area that took their own lives, 26 recorded teenage suicides in 2008 . I watched it without knowing the background story to it or without having a peep at the trailer. A harrowing story. 

Don't watch that at this moment in time. 

6 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

There's a movie called Bridgend. Which is about an generation of teenagers from the area that took their own lives, 26 recorded teenage suicides in 2008 . I watched it without knowing the background story to it or without having a peep at the trailer. A harrowing story. 

Don't watch that at this moment in time. 

Noted. Don't you remember that at the time though?

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

Noted. Don't you remember that at the time though?

Yes I remembered very quickly whilst I was watching it. There's some info provided at the end of the film about it. It also made me go read up more about it. It amazes me how much stuff I forget of recent times. Yet when my sister bungs up a pic of our childhood on facebook I'm like I remember that with precision.

23 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Yes I remembered very quickly whilst I was watching it. There's some info provided at the end of the film about it. It also made me go read up more about it. It amazes me how much stuff I forget of recent times. Yet when my sister bungs up a pic of our childhood on facebook I'm like I remember that with precision.

I think that's how the mind works. It was a mad one the Brigend thing, almost like suicide became a trendy thing.

On 06/04/2020 at 10:11, Jarg Armani said:

I don't think you were allowed to make a Hollywood film in the 80's without a bit of locker room peeping action.

It was for the pause, rewind and replay w***ing when it was released on video. 

On 05/04/2020 at 15:06, Stanley Leisure said:

Oh hello. 

Its worth a watch, times like this are probably optimum given how long it is.