Stevie H

tonight's movie choice. . .

The platform

Very interesting Spanish movie on Netflix,  the metaphors are a bit in your face, unlike the more subtle Parasite,  but still worth a watch nevertheless 

That the one where food is passed down through levels ?

2 hours ago, Stevie H said:

It does mask your IP address Rory, that's right. In Cyberghost there's a bunch of options on the left-hand side, one of which is "For torrenting." So pick one from that list and it should then say "Connected" and show a little flag for the place your IP is coming from.

Then for films I'd recommend yts.ag and thepiratebay.asia which both work well for me. For TV shows, try eztv.ag. But remember to fully exit uTorrent when your VPN isn't switched on. Just clicking the top right X only closes it, you need to go into File/exit in the top bar menu to exit completely.

Thanks. Gonna test that in an hour or two when back on the laptop, cheers !

Smoke.  Harvey Keitel, William Hurt, Forest Whitaker. 

Really enjoyed it and it reminded me a bit of Jarmusch so I continued the nicotine theme and watched Coffee and Cigarettes again for the umpteenth time.

7 hours ago, Hassony said:

I hate you Swipe 

I might start with Iron Man and do it in order now. Some I defo won’t watch again though. 

Watched that Documentary the rape of 2 coreys last night. Nothing really shocking in there apart from the overall content, because I’m sure I was aware of all of it before.

9 hours ago, Swipe said:

My out of order Marvel marathon continued with Winter Soldier. Rubbish. 

Haha I’m enjoying this. Keep on truckin swipe.

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

Haha I’m enjoying this. Keep on truckin swipe.

I’ll have watched every f***ing thing on Disney Plus by the time this s***e is over. 

On 30/03/2020 at 03:47, Redwire said:

Smoke.  Harvey Keitel, William Hurt, Forest Whitaker. 

Really enjoyed it and it reminded me a bit of Jarmusch so I continued the nicotine theme and watched Coffee and Cigarettes again for the umpteenth time.

Have you watched Paterson? Really enjoyed that for reasons I can't quite understand. In a similar vein to Smoke. There's also Blue in the Face which I think was some sort of companion piece to Smoke?

On 28/03/2020 at 20:45, Jarg Armani said:

Jojo Rabbit. Not as good as Wilderpeople but I like the cut of his jib 

I watched this the other day, really enjoyed it. Not seen wilderpeople so I look forward to that. 

22 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

I watched this the other day, really enjoyed it. Not seen wilderpeople so I look forward to that. 

Yeah he does a good line in heartwarming films about funny little kids does Waititi.

Eagle vs Shark and What We Do In the Shadows are worth a watch too. And his Thor movie is really good. 

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Eagle vs Shark and What We Do In the Shadows are worth a watch too. And his Thor movie is really good. 

Oh yeah I'd forgotten all about Eagle vs Shark. Put on your red shoes and do the blues.

10 hours ago, Swipe said:

As is 'Boy'

12 hours ago, nrkintheuk said:

As is 'Boy'

Hey - watched that last week. Pretty good, isn't it?

On 30/03/2020 at 23:38, nrkintheuk said:

Have you watched Paterson? Really enjoyed that for reasons I can't quite understand. In a similar vein to Smoke. There's also Blue in the Face which I think was some sort of companion piece to Smoke?

Paterson was one of the Jarmusch films it reminded me of.  I really like that film and the link to William Carlos Williams poetry which I also love.

Just remembered that Jarmusch is in Blue in the Face.  Not watched that since it came out so I might look for it tonight.

11 hours ago, pipnasty said:

Hey - watched that last week. Pretty good, isn't it?

Yeah it is, wasn't sure how well it travelled outside of NZ so glad you enjoyed it. Get on it people!

Watched L.A. Confidential last night for the first time since it was released. Had forgotten how good it is. Stands up pretty well I think - largely because it seemed to get the period detail so spot on in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Watched L.A. Confidential last night for the first time since it was released. Had forgotten how good it is. Stands up pretty well I think - largely because it seemed to get the period detail so spot on in the first place. 

Cracking idea cc. Haven't seen that in years but the DVD will be out tonight I reckon 

Rolo Tomassi.  One of my favourite plot moments in film