Sign in to follow this  
Stevie H

tonight's movie choice. . .

11 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Where is the best place to d/l films on a Mac? The most well knows apps are all Android and I really don't want to have to set up Android on my computer. Just want something simple really

Torrents via PirateBrowser/VPN? There are plenty of iptv apps as well.

20 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Torrents via PirateBrowser/VPN? There are plenty of iptv apps as well.

Cheers

I've never bothered with Torrents before but have a decent VPN - how easy is it to set up?

The IPTV apps were my first idea but things like Movies HD and other well known ones all appear to be Android only - have I missed any?

You could give Kodi a go as well, there is/was a specific build for Mac that I found years ago.

Torrents are dead easy. Download uTorrent, use the vpn to visit PirateBay, click one of the Magnet links and bobsyeruncle. Just be aware if your VPN is one that you have to manually turn on/connect to each time that by default the torrent client will keep uploading whether you're connected to the VPN or not and if the VPN isn't on you're at risk of being caught.

I meant the iptv apps where you pay a subscription, like Jonesyvision.

8 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

You could give Kodi a go as well, there is/was a specific build for Mac that I found years ago.

Torrents are dead easy. Download uTorrent, use the vpn to visit PirateBay, click one of the Magnet links and bobsyeruncle. Just be aware if your VPN is one that you have to manually turn on/connect to each time that by default the torrent client will keep uploading whether you're connected to the VPN or not and if the VPN isn't on you're at risk of being caught.

I meant the iptv apps where you pay a subscription, like Jonesyvision.

Thank you - really helpful. Think I'll give PirateBay a go - cheers for the tip about VPN's

I can't remember if there's a way in the settings/preferences to stop utorrent seeding/uploading but you can manually stop it once you've got your files.

I'm halfway through La Dolce Vita.  Bloody hell, it's hard work. Beautiful but grindingly dull. Mastroianni reminds me of a young Hodgson. Anita Ekberg is a terrible actor. And they haven't played Ryan Paris's theme tune yet.

14 minutes ago, NeilJ said:

I'm halfway through La Dolce Vita.  Bloody hell, it's hard work. Beautiful but grindingly dull. Mastroianni reminds me of a young Hodgson. Anita Ekberg is a terrible actor. And they haven't played Ryan Paris's theme tune yet.

You've got this to look forward to - it's amazing

1 hour ago, Cunny said:

does it matter what country you pick on your VPN?

Needs to be one that doesn't block piratebay or other torrent sites obvs. I used to use France.

1 hour ago, NeilJ said:

Haha I love that tune

I use NORD VPN. 

Managed to download quite a few recent cinema releases yesterday.

Who says WFH is less productive!😉

Haha. Watched both episodes of the mandolorian too. Very enjoyable.

It also has Blank Cheque. A stone cold classic from my childhood. 

Edited by Swipe

47 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

How many episodes of the mandalorian are there? I wasn’t sure about the ending.

8 I think? 

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

How many episodes of the mandalorian are there? I wasn’t sure about the ending.

8 in this season, season 2 coming next year