By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

I watched Legend on the plane tonight.

Ronnie was awful. A cartoon character. The score was absolute rubbish too. I don't recall a film that was that poor in that respect.

Disappointing overall. It could have been a bit like Goodfellas with a bit more of an effort (not that it could match that, ever) but it could have gotten closer.

Whizzer and chips, dandy beano every week/however often they came out I can't remember used to enjoy them but would struggle apart from a couple of characters to remember any. I always wanted a cow pie though.

I used to get Oor Wullie and The Broons annuals every christmas and actually preferred their annuals.

Whizzer and chips, dandy beano every week/however often they came out I can't remember used to enjoy them but would struggle apart from a couple of characters to remember any. I always wanted a cow pie though.

I used to get Oor Wullie and The Broons annuals every christmas and actually preferred their annuals.

I got a couple of those one christmas from my Nana. As a Beano reader, it was like asking for Chocolate and getting dried figs.

Beano and Dandy for me, I used to get whizzer and Chips annuals at jumble sales but would never have bought the comic.

Used to love the little monthly almost graphic novel ones you could get as well, I used to get the Beano one, the football ones and some war one (Commando?)

Beano and Dandy for me, I used to get whizzer and Chips annuals at jumble sales but would never have bought the comic.

Used to love the little monthly almost graphic novel ones you could get as well, I used to get the Beano one, the football ones and some war one (Commando?)

Comic Libraries! They were like "extended universe" comics. Had loads of the Dennis the Menace ones. Also, I loved Brassneck for some reason.

They were my treat for not acting up when I went shopping with my Dad.

Sort of. They weren't emotions, they were just fellas who controlled his whole body.

Beezer's a weird one, isn't it? Poor man's Beano. I would offen get a Beezer annual for Christmas, despite being a self-declared Beano man. Whizzer & Chips, too.

I still look through my old Whizzer and Chips, Buster and Whoopie collections... Loved them as a kid.

those comics though, ah its not like that any more. halcyon days

Beano's better now than it ever was IMO

Comic Libraries! They were like "extended universe" comics. Had loads of the Dennis the Menace ones. Also, I loved Brassneck for some reason.

They were my treat for not acting up when I went shopping with my Dad.

The comic libraries were often a bit out-of-sync with the actual comics' status quo, which bugged me as I needed consistency in my life.

Oink was a bit more adult, wasn't it? Like it had more fart jokes in?

I also used to occasionally get Hoot, which had Cuddles and Dimples in (later featured in the Dandy), they once gave away a free Cuddles and Dimples lolly, which I then became addicted to for about 3 years before they were discontinued. I still think about those lollies from time to time.

Oink was a bit more adult, wasn't it? Like it had more fart jokes in?

I also used to occasionally get Hoot, which had Cuddles and Dimples in (later featured in the Dandy), they once gave away a free Cuddles and Dimples lolly, which I then became addicted to for about 3 years before they were discontinued. I still think about those lollies from time to time.

Yeah Oink was like Viz for kids.

Cuddles was in Hoot, Dimples was in the Dandy (or vice versa). Then the comics merged and the two babies shared a strip. Later, it was decided that they were brothers, which they never had been before. Yet another piece of bulls*** that f***ing annoyed me.