By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

Whilst it does seem that you've missed out on some cracking films, I'd not be paying too much heed to the opinions of a man who thinks Anchorman is one of the 10 funniest films ever.

they were top of the head stuff....anchorman makers me laugh though...more than in bruges.

just that one youve a problem with or does the rest of the list pass the gilps taste test?

Was in a bar the other week where Blazing Saddles and The Jerk was on. The barman turned down the music and turned up the volume on the TV for the fart scene in the former. What a ledge.

I love The Man With Two Brains. And as said before, Dead Mean Don't Wear Plaid is joyous.

Man, Steve Martin used to be ace.

Everything you wanted to know about sex

Naked Gun

Dead men don't wear plaid

Anything by Laurel and Hardy possibly ahead f Duck Soup as well

apart from way out west which youve stroked out?? :wacko:

Watched that last night, was disappointed, I'd heard so much about it. Very very funny in parts but not a patch on his later (but still early) stuff.

that and dead men dont wear plaid are his funniest films imo.

Edited by Ostrich Man

"Sleeper is an action horror film shot in Australia[1] in 2008 by writer-director Dru Brown and producer Judd Tilyard. It features The Lord of the Rings actor Bruce Hopkins and professional wrestler Scott "Raven" Levy,[2] best known for his stunts in WCW, ECW, WWE, TNA and ROH . It is the second major film to star Raven, following his first starring role as The Reaper in Death Racers."

Sounds hillarious!

I'm guessing the Woody Allen one is the intentionally funny one.

Am I going to run into opposition if I nominate Ghostbusters?

And There's Something about Mary is really funny too, I don't care what anyone says.

Edited by drdooom

"Sleeper is an action horror film shot in Australia[1] in 2008 by writer-director Dru Brown and producer Judd Tilyard. It features The Lord of the Rings actor Bruce Hopkins and professional wrestler Scott "Raven" Levy,[2] best known for his stunts in WCW, ECW, WWE, TNA and ROH . It is the second major film to star Raven, following his first starring role as The Reaper in Death Racers."

Sounds hillarious!

I'm guessing the Woody Allen one is the intentionally funny one.

Am I going to run into opposition if I nominate Ghostbusters?

And There's Something about Mary is really funny too, I don't care what anyone says.

Defo. Diaz is lovely in it too.

I always liked the Blues Brothers despite fearing it was most likely a bit s***. I don't like (m)any Woody Allen films though I did like the Laurel and Hardy stuff when it was on when I was a kid. I don't think comedy does it for me really. I've probably seen 3 films in OM's list.

I always liked the Blues Brothers despite fearing it was most likely a bit s***. I don't like (m)any Woody Allen films though I did like the Laurel and Hardy stuff when it was on when I was a kid. I don't think comedy does it for me really. I've probably seen 3 films in OM's list.

man I loved the blues brothers at one point....probably my fave musical.

seriously though how does comedy not do it for you? what kind of an overly serious nutjob do you have to be to not have comedy do it for y....

wait...answered my own question there. ;)

I seldom laugh at any comedy film, and I'd include about half of those on that list in that - but laughed my a*** off at Superbad. Is that shameful?

no.

its probably that dour presbytarian thing you snouts have.

man I loved the blues brothers at one point....probably my fave musical.

seriously though how does comedy not do it for you? what kind of an overly serious nutjob do you have to be to not have comedy do it for y....

wait...answered my own question there. ;)

b*****d though I suspect you have a point. I still like the Illinois Nazis thing and the music is fantiastic but Ackroyd does my head in now.

b*****d though I suspect you have a point. I still like the Illinois Nazis thing and the music is fantiastic but Ackroyd does my head in now.

you ever seen that blues brothers 2000 thing.....never ever watch it.

ackroyd has his moments...trading places is great too.

Laurel and Hardy have a film called Duck Soup too?

aye...early silent job...later remade as the altogether funnier Another Fine Mess