By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

14 hours ago, Ibby said:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - really liked this movie really good homage to the original. The ramis story and the ending in particular meant I got a bit tearful in the end (those of you who have lost their dad's will know what i mean)

Yeah I enjoyed it too and agree about the ending/Ramis story - really nicely done. 

• Like 1

Perfect days - it's a Japanese film about nothing in particular, but it's just very wholesome and well made. Reminded me a bit of Patterson. They're both the kind of movies people will either love or hate. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zoob said:

Perfect days - it's a Japanese film about nothing in particular, but it's just very wholesome and well made. Reminded me a bit of Patterson. They're both the kind of movies people will either love or hate. 

Really want to see this. 

All Of Us Strangers

Wow - some film, isn't it? Reminds me a lot of Aftersun - not just because of Mescal - but because of that deep aching sadness that permeates the entire film. And I thought that the last scene and music were just incredible - a lot of films bodge their endings but not this one. One of those films that will haunt me for a long while.

• Like 1

Zone Of Interest

An astonishing film and one of the most deeply disturbing things I have ever seen and rightfully so. And the sound - the sound design is incredible and you will be hearing it every where you go for days. A very, very good film about how fascism can creep into everything that we do to the point that we normalise it

• Like 2

On 07/04/2024 at 05:47, pipnasty said:

All Of Us Strangers

Wow - some film, isn't it? Reminds me a lot of Aftersun - not just because of Mescal - but because of that deep aching sadness that permeates the entire film. And I thought that the last scene and music were just incredible - a lot of films bodge their endings but not this one. One of those films that will haunt me for a long while.

Oooft. Watched this last night. Agree with above. Think even more powerful than Aftersun. Ooft. Good, but ooft. 

• Upvote 1

Watched the Luther film last night. What the f***? I liked the TV show so wasn't expecting Citizen Kane or Lawrence of Arabia or anything but seriously? Steaming pile of s***e.

On 13/04/2024 at 11:44, pipnasty said:

Zone Of Interest

An astonishing film and one of the most deeply disturbing things I have ever seen and rightfully so. And the sound - the sound design is incredible and you will be hearing it every where you go for days. A very, very good film about how fascism can creep into everything that we do to the point that we normalise it

I watched this last night. Totally agree with what you say and makes it all the more galling with what's going on in the world at the moment 

• Upvote 1

Got trapped watching a few minutes of lock stock and smoking s***bag and it was so bad that it was terrible, maybe the worst and most offensive film ever made.  Every single line and facial expression was bad and wrong and very very bad.

One of the scenes was the one describing a fella setting fire to someone in a pub by spitting ‘the strongest drink in the whole boozer” in his face and waving his lighter around.  He was at the time “watching a football match…and his team won four nil” - well what team?  Just make one up - say aldershot or Boca Juniors I don’t care but what feckin team?  You cant have people talking like that.  It’s very bad and it’s wrong.  

Then Sting came on the scene trying to look hard.  f*** that for a game of soldiers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Benzo-13 said:

Watched Oppenheimer. Really good and glad I watched it on small screen as it’s a big talkie flick.

Yeah, watched it last night and thought it was great.

Apart from casting Tom Conti as Einstein. Just couldn't take it serious and kept imagining him saying his 'I wanna make fck' line from Shirley Valentine whilst dressed up as the famous physicist!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smithdown said:

Got trapped watching a few minutes of lock stock and smoking s***bag and it was so bad that it was terrible, maybe the worst and most offensive film ever made.  Every single line and facial expression was bad and wrong and very very bad.

One of the scenes was the one describing a fella setting fire to someone in a pub by spitting ‘the strongest drink in the whole boozer” in his face and waving his lighter around.  He was at the time “watching a football match…and his team won four nil” - well what team?  Just make one up - say aldershot or Boca Juniors I don’t care but what feckin team?  You cant have people talking like that.  It’s very bad and it’s wrong.  

Then Sting came on the scene trying to look hard.  f*** that for a game of soldiers.

Yeah. I remember actually liking it when it came out all those years ago (26 years ago somehow), but I watched it again last year, and it has aged absolutely terribly. I was embarrassed to watch it.  Like you say, it's bad in so many different ways. It's so bad that Vinnie Jones isn't even the worst thing about it, and he can't act to save his life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zoob said:

Yeah. I remember actually liking it when it came out all those years ago (26 years ago somehow), but I watched it again last year, and it has aged absolutely terribly. I was embarrassed to watch it.  Like you say, it's bad in so many different ways. It's so bad that Vinnie Jones isn't even the worst thing about it, and he can't act to save his life. 

Jones looks embarrassed at some of the lines being chewed and spewed around him.  The whole thing reeks of a disastrously unfunny cohort of closeted Home Counties cokeheads shouting ‘yeah say that say that’ at each other at a fantasy Frankie Fraser night in Finchley.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 06:40, Ibby said:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - really liked this movie really good homage to the original. The ramis story and the ending in particular meant I got a bit tearful in the end (those of you who have lost their dad's will know what i mean)

The new one is f***ing dreadful though.

Poor things. Not sure what to make of this there were loads of good stuff to it but some stuff I found a bit weird like ruffalo was totally miscast (his accent was terrible) and not sure it needed all of those sex scenes to make the point it was trying to?

8 hours ago, Ibby said:

Poor things. Not sure what to make of this there were loads of good stuff to it but some stuff I found a bit weird like ruffalo was totally miscast (his accent was terrible) and not sure it needed all of those sex scenes to make the point it was trying to?

I assumed Ruffalo's very variable and often ludicrous accent was sort of intentional but maybe it just is really terrible by accident. 

21 hours ago, Tommok said:

I assumed Ruffalo's very variable and often ludicrous accent was sort of intentional but maybe it just is really terrible by accident. 

I thought his accent was decent until he got angry, and then it went all over the place. But it didn't detract from the film in any way. 

2 hours ago, Zoob said:

I thought his accent was decent until he got angry, and then it went all over the place. But it didn't detract from the film in any way. 

Yeah I agree. 

I think I actually quite enjoyed his mad accent. 

• Upvote 1