how does rooney get away with it?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen the Rooney stuff yet and youtube is blocked in work but.... you obviously don't remember Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the head while Lennon lay on the floor? Then using his England captain bit to escape a ban!

had forgotten about that incident as it goes, yeah. shearer didn't have the charging about like a bull mentality that rooney does though. he plays like a sunday pub player who is hungover and spoiling for a fight with some f*cker.

Nein.

wow, that's quite something, beceause from what I've read here and even in the press (the Times match report was pretty scathing of Rooney), it seems both could well have received a red. But if he didn't get booked for either of them, it leaves scope for UEFA to ban him on the grounds that the ref didn't see the incident...Stamps are always good candidates for that kind of retrospective punishment.

had forgotten about that incident as it goes, yeah. shearer didn't have the charging about like a bull mentality that rooney does though. he plays like a sunday pub player who is hungover and spoiling for a fight with some f*cker.

Rooney doesnt learn at all. Despite getting sent off in big matches previously for England and Man Ure, he launched himself last night at a time when they were 2-1 down in a match they needed to get a result in. Blokes obviously a moron without the brains he was born with.

Rooney doesnt learn at all. Despite getting sent off in big matches previously for England and Man Ure, he launched himself last night at a time when they were 2-1 down in a match they needed to get a result in. Blokes obviously a moron without the brains he was born with.

I would need to see some sort of medical data or confirmation that he has a brain.

It's all the media's fault according to his cu_nt of a manager at today's press conference :

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...4631103,00.html

Sir Alex Ferguson was offered the chance to present his view ahead of Saturday's trip to Tottenham - which Rooney will miss after collecting five bookings - but declined.

However, he is unhappy at the reporting of the incident, feeling Rooney's case has not been helped by numerous reruns on TV and what he perceives as enthusiastic coverage of an event being described as another chapter in the 23-year-old's chequered disciplinary history.

"I am not going to discuss Wayne Rooney," he said.

"You press guys have created most of it. You are not getting anything from this club at all on Wayne Rooney. That is it, finished."

I think the player came out and said it should have been a red card but that Rooney apologised to him afterwards and "these things happen in football"

The player (Michael Jakobsen, who's even a man utd fan :s) said to the Danish media that he wasn't exactly impressed with the way Rooney behaved. I didn't hear him say Rooney apologised though?

AaB's manager is a good lad. Liverpool fan all the way, he didn't enjoy shaking Slur's hand and was only focussing on enjoying the result with the travelling fans :)