By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Nokia N95

Swipe

Just got one as part of my upgrade.

Looks pretty nifty.

Anyone got one?

Keep reading that Spiderman 3 is pre-installed on the phone.

How do I watch it??

(even though it's a s*** film)

its installed on the black n95.. I assume thats the one you have.

Think its in the 'tools' section and in the video centre.

Though I was under the impression that Spidey was only on the Vodafone ones as the promotion.... not sure how true that is.

Guest Raisbeck

ive got one - love it.

Spiderman is in the media centre.

the tv out is fantastic and all the cables are included.

camera is decent as well.

Yeah mate, have the black 8gb one.

Doesn't seem to be in the 'video centre' or 'media centre' on my handset though

I'd imagine it should be clearly titled and It's not tucked away in some other folder or whatever??

Edited by Swipe

I've got one. read the handbook for about 3 secoonds and gave it to my son. F*ck that, I only want to phone people up, send texts and take photo's of drunken people at football.

Edited by Murphman

Yeah mate, have the black 8gb one.

Doesn't seem to be in the 'video centre' or 'media centre' on my handset though

I'd imagine it should be clearly titled and It's not tucked away in some other folder or whatever??

was there a small leaflet in the box promoting spiderman 3? Or can you find wallpaper images of Spiderman on your phone? If neither of those are on there as well then I assume its not installed on the handsets anymore.

Shame as it shows the video quality really well.

was there a small leaflet in the box promoting spiderman 3? Or can you find wallpaper images of Spiderman on your phone? If neither of those are on there as well then I assume its not installed on the handsets anymore.

Shame as it shows the video quality really well.

No sign, of young spiderman anywhere.

As you say, must have just been first batch of them or whatever.

Shame. Hated the film, but would have liked to have seen what it looked like on the phone

Press O to do a space if youre on predictive text.

The only button i didn't f***ing try :angry:

Cheers mate!

So all in all a good phone?

Fella that was handling my upgrade said it was "the best phone in the world".

Although, he'd have probably said that no matter what model i'd have suggested!!

Guest Raisbeck
The only button i didn't f***ing try :angry:

Cheers mate!

So all in all a good phone?

Fella that was handling my upgrade said it was "the best phone in the world".

Although, he'd have probably said that no matter what model i'd have suggested!!

Best phone I have had in about 4 or 5 years. It does everything.

Nokia Maps when you are out in the street trying to find somewhere plus the GPS, WLAN ready, able to sync with my iCal, TV out function, great camera.

How cool is the slidy thing as well :D Allowing a view in landscap and portrait is genius.

Love my N95, glad i didnt get the iPhone as I can put my iTunes and ripped videos on the N95, screen is really good quality as is the camera. Loved the deal I got with 02 as well that gives me unlimited landline calls, let my girlfriends kids use to call who the hell they want on it

Guest Raisbeck
Love my N95, glad i didnt get the iPhone as I can put my iTunes and ripped videos on the N95, screen is really good quality as is the camera. Loved the deal I got with 02 as well that gives me unlimited landline calls, let my girlfriends kids use to call who the hell they want on it

They gave me 2 bolt ons - currently using unlimited internet which is great.

Cant believe how good the little browser is - can even listen to real player streams on it.

Sorry for the questions, but when i make a call it says "packet data connection on hold" and when i end the call it says "packet data connection active".

Anyone know what that means?

Edit: think it was just cause I had an application that I didn't exit from properly.

My tariff doesn't include any free internet usage. I may be careful with all the online applications this phone has!

Edited by Swipe

Sorry for the questions, but when i make a call it says "packet data connection on hold" and when i end the call it says "packet data connection active".

I think its in regard to GPRS. (or wap)

SMS' are sent through the frequency bandwidth that remains unused during calls, hence both can happen in parallel i.e. you can send an receive an sms while in call. But GPRS packets (constant pieces of data sent to the 'other side') cant operate in parallel with phone calls (and sms' for that matter). Hence, phone calls pre empt GPRS activities.

Edit: think it was just cause I had an application that I didn't exit from properly.

My tariff doesn't include any free internet usage. I may be careful with all the online applications this phone has!

Ah.

Probably an application which accessed the internet then.

Guest Raisbeck

When you finish using anything that uses WAP or GPRS hold the red button on the main menu screen and that will ensure all active data calls are ended.

I didnt realise this initially and my WAP was connected for hours! Exiting the browers wont cut the data connection off, you seem to have to do this manually (by holding the red end call button)

When you finish using anything that uses WAP or GPRS hold the red button on the main menu screen and that will ensure all active data calls are ended.

I didnt realise this initially and my WAP was connected for hours! Exiting the browers wont cut the data connection off, you seem to have to do this manually (by holding the red end call button)

Cheers for the advice mate! (and carrafan)

Orange apparently disable the # so that it can't be used to put the phone into silent. How odd.

if you hold down the blue button (black background) then it will list all applications that are in use and you can close then via the list.

Just noticed that actually. The only one that's coming up is a phone symbol and 'standby'?

Guest Raisbeck
Just noticed that actually. The only one that's coming up is a phone symbol and 'standby'?

Yeh that always runs, but you can have others running in the background.

Useful to keep a check on that as if youve got a lot a apps running in the background it will sap your battery.