By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Euro 2008

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, i think Croatia will be too strong for the Turks. But if that is how it pans out will Germany play that bad against the Croats again ? They upped their game tonight.

the tournament's got a very familiar look to it at the moment. Germany will find themselves in the final despite a poor group-stage performance. I doubt Croatia will beat them again. The Turks definitely won't - though they are more likely to kick the crap out of them than the Croats if they lose.

Could be, i think Croatia will be too strong for the Turks. But if that is how it pans out will Germany play that bad against the Croats again ? They upped their game tonight.

Not by much. 2 of their goals were because of simple, poor defending by Portugal. Neither sides should beat Spain/Croatia/Italy/Holland

Not by much. 2 of their goals were because of simple, poor defending by Portugal. Neither sides should beat Spain/Croatia/Italy/Holland

I agree, but Italy, Spain and Holland have defensive frailties. Could be that Germany played that one game most teams have in a tournament when it all comes together. I doubt this current German squad can pull that off again. Klose also had luck as the ball didn't even hit his head, came off his shoulder/back.

This European Championships is doing something odd to me.

I'm actually finding myself wanting Germany to win their games.

I think it's partly because Germany are Germany - you know what you get with them, they have pedigree and, yes, they are actually a lot more easier on the eye than in olden days. Germany are a team Liverpool should try and be like, if with a little more flair and a lot more defensive solidity.

They exposed Portugal for what they are - all the fancy build-up play is nothing without a good defence and a top striker - and I have the feeling they'll do the same to Croatia too in the semi-finals... after all, who was the last team to beat Germany TWICE in one finals?

And if the final is Germany v Holland or Spain, we know how that will end up. Germany v Italy, however, is too close to call. Germany v Russia would be an eye-opener, though.

made up Germany won that game today. watching Portugal lose is almost as good as watching the Mancs lose.

i cannot abide that arrogant little s***e Ronaldo and I was hoping one of the burly Germans would dispatch hime into the crowd.

it's amazing how some of these national teams raise their game when it really matters. i fancy the Dutch to win against Russia, Croatia to beat Turkey handily and the Italians to sneak a win, probably in a penalty shoot out, against a Spanish team that has a history of melting down when it really counts.

my one big complaint is that I am forced to listen to Andy Gray pontificate about everything and tell us all how different the game was when he played.